Playground!

Emily's POV

We walked along the sidewalk for a few minutes in silence. Matt was looking down at his shoes and he seemed nervous about something. Did he know how i felt?

I started to get scared but then i took a breath. No he couldn't know. Then what was wrong?

At least this way i didn't have to look at his eyes. Whenever he looks at me i can't look away. They're mesmerizing

"So where are we going, Mr. Mysterious?" i saw jokingly and poke him in the side.

"Somewhere." he replied quietly.

That was strange. A few more minutes of silence passed when we got to a small playground. Matt stopped and walked over.

"Really, Matt? A playground?"

"I like jungle gyms and swings. What's wrong with that?" he said while he smiled.

I smiled back. "Maybe that you're a 17 year-old boy!" i laughed.

"Just because we're juniors in high school doesn't mean we can't have a little fun on a playground."

He slowly walked over to me and when he reached me he put his arms around my waist, hugging me.

"I promise i won't let you get hurt." he whispered.

He was completely serious, but i decided to play it off as a joke.

"Shut up Matt i can take care of myself." i said with a smile.

He smiled back nd then let go of my waist. Was it weird that i didn't want him to let go?

For the next couple hours we just messed around on the playground like little kids. I have to admit, it was the most fun i've had in a long time. About 2 hours later we were just talking leaning against the jungle gym. i wrapped both my hands around the cool, metal bars and leaned my back against it.

"Matty what is it with you and jungle gyms?" i asked laughing. The whole time we were there he wouldn't stop playing on it. He was so immature, but i loved it because i was the same way.

"Because i'm going to do something i won't forget, and this jungle gym will always be here to remind me of it."

I looked at him, confused. "What are you talking about Matt?"

He just smiled. His smile took my breath away. I loved it when he smiled.

Matt suddenly walked in front of me and wrapped his hands around my hands, trapping me.

"Matt, I have to tell you this. I have a rape whistle with me."

He smirked, "It isn't rape if you enjoy it."

I laughed. "Matt you are so-"

And then he kissed me.

Matt POV

I wrapped my hands around Emily's and stood in front of her. She was trapped. I almost laughed when she looked surprised and looked down at my hands. Then she looked at me and said "Matt, I have to tell you this. I have a rape whistle with me."

I almost burst out laughing when she said this with a straight face, but instead i just smirked at her.

"It isn't rape if you enjoy it." i said jokingly.

She laughed her amazing laugh and said, "Matt you are so-"

I cut her off my pressing my lips to hers. She seemed surprised but in a few seconds she was kissing me back. It was the best kiss i'd ever had in my life. I kept kissing her and wrapped my arms around her waist. When i freed my hands to do this, her arms found their way around my neck.

Then i realized i was kissing my best friend. It was weird. It felt so right, but it was my best friend! My best friend since we were in diapers. I didn't want to, but i pulled back.

She looked sad for a second and i couldn't help but feel guilty for causing her any amount of pain. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me. She was stunning. What did it matter that she was my best friend? Doesn't that make it even better?

I'm in love her, and thats all that matters. I leant down and held her face in my hands. I kissed her lightly on the lips again.

I pulled back and we started walking back home. I looked down at her and smiled even though she couldn't see it.

I'm in love with her.

Is she in love with me?