Chapter 20

JUSTIN'S POV

"Are you alri-" I stopped so that I could put my arms out to catch Jen. She had fainted right in front of my eyes! My mom had said if she gets sick, her cancer may get severe! I need to call 911! I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

  "Hello 911. What is your emergency?" the operator said.

  "My girlfriend and I went to a hockey game and she has cancer. She said she was going to be sick and went to the bathroom. When she came out I was waiting for her and she passed out!"

  "Okay, did she hit her head at all?"

  "No I caught her."

  "Where is your location? We'll send an ambulance right away."

  I told her my location and ran outside with Jen in my arms as fast as I could and heard sirens. The paramedics jumped out when they saw me. I handed Jen to one of them and the other one started asking me questions.

  "Who are you?"

  "Her boyfriend and a family friend."

  "Do her parents know she's here?"

  "Yes sir."

  "Did you call her parents?"

  "No I called 911 and then ran out of the arena."

  "Do you have a car?"

  "Yes sir."

  "Alright follow us so then you'll be there if she wakes up quickly."

  "Yes sir," I told him and practically sprinted to my car. Once I was in, I started driving and called her Mom.

  "Hello?"

  "Mrs. Kowe, It's Justin."

  "How's the game going?" she asked.

  "Actually Jen got sick and then passed out so I called the ambulance and know I'm on the way to the hospital."

  "Oh my God. What hospital?"

  I told her the name of the hospital and the exact address.

  "Thank you Justin. I'll call your mom on the way."

  "No problem and thanks." Then I hung up and called Paris. I told Paris everything and she said that she'll be there ASAP.

  When I got to the hospital I quickly got out of the car and rushed to the front desk. "Where's Jenifer Kowe's room?"

  "Room 111."

  "Thank you," I said and ran to her room.

15 MINUTES LATER

  The door opened and I felt so relieved, I couldn't do this alone. "Hi Mrs. Kowe."

  "Hello Justin, your mom's on her way. How's Jen?"

  "She's still out cold, but the doctor said that she should wake up soon."

  "My baby is in the hospital. She has to be okay." I saw a tear slide down her cheek.

  "Don't worry Mrs. Kowe, everything's going to be alright." I gave her hand a quick squeeze to remind her that I'm here and I'm going through the same thing.

  "Sorry it took me so long, I got caught in traffic," my mom said while walking in. "How is she?"

  "She's um she's still out cold." I started to get choked up.

  "Then the doctor walked in. "She should be up in about half an hour. We pumped a lot of fluid into her and she's been asleep for awhile."

  "What about her cancer, Doctor?" Mrs. Kowe asked.

  "It's too early to know. I'll tell you when we get the results."

  Her head just dropped into her hands. Then she clasped her hands together and started to pray. Five minutes later, the door opened and Paris, Ryan, and Chaz walked in.

  "Sorry it took me so long. I stopped to pick them up." She pointed to Ryan and Chaz. "Is she up yet?"

  "She should be up in about 25 minutes."

  "I hope she's okay. My best friend is in the hospital and has cancer." Paris started to cry. Ryan wrapped her arms around her and started to rock back and forth. Then kissed her on the cheek.

  "It'll be okay. There are doctors here and they know what to do." He gave her another kiss. She just buried her face into his shirt and started to cry.

  I walked over to the side of Jen's bed and held her hand. I rubbed my thumb back and forth against hers, praying that if by doing so, she'd wake up. "Baby, please wake up, please. I can't live without you. You're my everything." I started to let the tears fall, getting her hand damp.

10 MINUTES LATER

  "Justin? Are you are you crying?" That was Jen's voice!

  I let go of her hand and just gave her a huge hug. "Oh my God. You're okay."

  "Jen!"

  "Paris!"

  "How are you feeling?"

  "Alright." I got out of the way so that Paris could hug Jen. After they were done, Mrs. Kowe came over.

  "Honey."

  "Mom." They hugged and then Jen looked up. "Pattie, I know why you'd be here. But Ryan, Chaz, how'd you get here?"

  "Justin called me on his way here, and then I called the boys and they said they wanted to be here."

  "I'm so glad I have such great friends."

  "And we're so glad we have you," I told her.

  "And I'm so glad I have you," she told me. I just smiled, grabbed her hand and held it tight.

  "Mom, what time is it?"

  "11:58. Two minutes until new years." I sat next to Jen and rubbed my hand against hers.

  "Is it 11:59 yet?"

  "Yes."

  "That reminds me, I have a very special girl that I promised a new years kiss to." I leaned in and kissed Jen's lips. she kissed back and put her arms around my neck and I started to rub her back. Two minutes later, I pulled away.

  "How long was that?" she asked me.

  "Two minutes. It's 12:01."

  "Why did you want it to end at that moment?"

  "Because now you have a great ending and a great beginning."

A/N: A little bit of worries and romance in this chapter. Tell what you think, I would love to here your feedback.  :)