Chapter 27

JEN'S POV

  "Wake up," I heard someone say.

  "Mom it's Saturday," I moaned.

  "Shawty, it's me," Justin chuckled. Justin's here?

  "How'd you get here?" I asked.

  "I found my driver's license in my wallet so, I can drive. I borrowed my dad's car, drove to my house, left my dad's car there and took mine."

  "Won't your mom find out?"

  "She's working late so hopefully not."

  "What time is it, Justin?"

  "11:00. You slept late."

  "I was up half the night trying to get comfortable. It was hard with my cast."

  I got up and tried to put my sling on, I couldn't move my wrist that good because pain shot through it every time I moved it. "Justin can you..."

  "Oh, yeah." He put the Velcro through the loop and velcroed it. "Are you hungry?"

  "A bit."

  "Let's go eat breakfast."

  "Didn't you already eat?" I asked while raising my eyebrows.

  "You know me better than that, Jen, I'm always hungry." I laughed and we walked into the kitchen. I grabbed milk, Honey Bunches Of Oats, a bowl, and a spoon and sat down at the table.

  I put some cereal into my bowl and went to pour some milk. It was a full gallon and I thought I was going to spill it. "Justin, can you pour some milk into my bowl for me?" I asked.

  He walked over to me and sat down with his cereal. "Dang you're needy today," he said while pouring the milk.

  "I broke my wrist what do you expect?" I said while laughing.

  "You're such a baby," he said jokingly.

  "Shut up." I laughed and started to eat.

  After breakfast we walked to the couch and started to watch Tv. "Check your email," Justin told me.

  "Why?" I asked.

  "Just check it."

  I got up, walked to my bedroom and grabbed my laptop. I logged into my email and went to my inbox. Justin had sent me a video of him singing and playing a guitar. His dad's maybe?

  "It's a big, big world. It's easy to get lost in it. You've always been my girl, and I'm not ready to call it quits. We can make the sun shine in the moonlight. We can make the gray clouds turn to blue skies. I know it's hard, baby believe me."

  "That we can go nowhere but up, from here, my dear. Baby we can go nowhere but up. Tell me what we've got to fear. We'll take it to the sky past the moon to the galaxy, as long as you're with me baby. Honestly with the strength of our love, we can go nowhere but up."

  About a minute and a half later the video was over. "I love it! Is it about us?"

  "It's about everything we were and we still are going through. Your cancer. My fight with my mom. Your broken wrist from Jared." He cursed under his breath. "And that nothing but good things can come from now on because we've only gotten bad news."

  "Not all good things."

  "Why?"

  "Because I was supposed to take my driver's test in three weeks but I broke my wrist."

  "I can teach you how to drive with one hand."

  "I didn't think you could do that during the test though."

  "You can. You just have to be injured. Like I couldn't drive with one hand, even though I really wanted to, but I wasn't hurt."

  "Okay let's go."

  We got in the car with me getting in the driver's seat. "Justin?"

  "Mmm?"

  "I need your keys."

  "Oh yeah, here." He handed me the keys and I put them in the ignition and started the car.

  I put my foot on the gas pedal and started driving. I was so focused on the road and making sure my good hand didn't slip off the wheel that I didn't notice Justin turning on the radio and that he started to sing. I turned my head towards him. "We need to post another video on Youtube."

  "Aight, when we get back we'll do that."

  "Okay," I said with my eyes still on him. "Thanks for helping me with my driving."

  "You're- Jen!"

  "What?!"

  "Road!"

  I turned my head back to the road and very nearly missed rear ending a car. "That was close."

  "You think!"

  "Don't talk to me because I need to concentrate."

  "Fine. But it's not going to be easy."

  After we got back to my house, we went on my laptop, and Justin logged into his Youtube account, which was called Kidrauhl. "You have like thousands of views. How'd that happen?"

  "People like my stuff."

  I giggled. "Come on. Let's make a video."

  "Dang it! I don't have my guitar!"

  "You can do accapella. You know, sing without background music."

  "Sounds good. But what song should I do?"

  "You should do So Sick by Neo."

  "I like that song, I'll do that."

  I pulled my phone out and started to record Justin. "I'll change my answering machine when I get home. 'Cause right now it says that we can't come to the phone," Justin sang.

  After he was finished, we uploaded it and walked out to the living room to watch some Tv. About an hour later, Justin said that he should start to head home. He gave me a peck on the lips, we said goodbye, and he left.

A/N I know, really boring chapter. The next one will be great, I promise. :)