xxx

xxx | miserable

xxx | miserable

It's been a few weeks since the boys left for London and started touring with One Direction. Angelina knew about it and didn't bother to tell me either. I don't know why people keep on lying behind me. I don't have the urge to get up and get out of the house, everything reminds me of the boys, especially Calum. I don't know why that damn question Wesley asked me before I ran off keeps on running around my head. That damn question and stupid Calum. It's killing me. I hate this so much. Not only is that stuck on my mind but that day at the airport, when he smiled, did he changed back to his old self?

The door creaks open. I don't even bother to look who it is. I know it's Angelina, she invited herself to my house. Another set of feet entered the room, me knowing their footsteps too well, I knew it was Wesley. 

"Does the chef even come now?"

"No," I respond, "Mom just texts them the day before when we do need him, he just works at the orphanage to feed the kids since Tita has to take care of them and doesn't have time to cook."

"Well Nerdie, get up," said Angelina, sitting beside me.

"Don't say "Nerdie" again, it reminds me of Michael," I groaned, covering myself with my blanket.

"Well, get your ass up. Mr. B said if you don't go to school this week, he's gonna call your parents,"

"Let him," I muttered.

"No, Cassidy, this whole 'missing the boys' thing has to end! It's making you miserable!" Angelina yelled, pulling the covers away from me.

"Angelina, I just don't care anymore," I tell her, sitting up to reach for the covers, "At this point, let it consume my life."

Before I could even say more, my face was turned to my left by force, stinging my skin.  She just slapped me and for what? Inhaling I turned to her, ready to release the cockiness I had inside of me but I didn't. Angelina Winters. The girl who is a tough cookie and confident, never allowed herself to be defeated, was crying in front of me. I was shocked, this is the first I've ever since my cousin cry in years. 

"You think I will allow being like that?" Angelina questions me, wiping her tears away as new tears continued to spill, "Cassidy you know this will only add up to your depression, you know that you've been getting better. I haven't seen you so active in so long! You stopped harming yourself, you started to take care of yourself, and now what? you're going to let it all go to waste now because of them? Because you miss them and you think you're the only one?"

"And you don't think I missed them? I know that I could be mean to them, but that doesn't mean I don't miss them either. Even for what he did to you, I- For crying out loud, Cass, I miss Ashton so much! And you know that I have always liked him forever! I wanted to tell him that I have feelings for him but I fucked up! I... I... I continued to be a bitch to him and-!"

She was having a hard time telling me what she was feeling, inhale too hard, barely exhaling any air while talking. Angelina cried and I pulled her to sit beside me, she put her whole weight on me, allowing her strong person to be demonish for once. I never have seen her so weak before.

"I think I'm gonna go," mumbled Wesley, walking away, trying to provide us some privacy.

"Come here, we need more hugs," I told Wesley, holding out my hand.

Wesley took it and we got a huge bear hug. I felt a hint of happiness. I thought I wasn't going to be happy in months but here I am feeling happy. Maybe I don't need the boys. Maybe I just need Wesley and Angelina.

"We don't need them," Angelina told me," because we got each other."

"I'm glad you're finally opening your eyes, Cas." chuckled Wes, "How about we go out to eat?! It's on me."

They both looked at me, I smiled, giving the yes before Angelina gets up and throws a pillow at my face. I get up and ran to the bathroom and washed up. I put on the slightest of makeup and put my hair into half ponytail. I go to my closet, grabbed a black crop top and shorts with black vans. I quickly go down the stairs, already heading towards the door while they waited for me in the kitchen.

"Let's go, I'm really hungry!" I said, startling them.

We walked to Wesley's car and drove to 25 Degrees. Singing to random songs on the radio. The night was awesome. After eating we went to the beach and chased each other in the water. I never felt so alive. So happy since they left. We were walking around Hollywood, soon enough it was past midnight and we decided to my place. Wesley was going to sleeping in my living room while Angelina and I were going to my bedroom.

"Night Wes, sweet dreams," I yawned giving him a hug.

"Night princess," said Wesley, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

I headed up to my room and changed into my pj's. I crawled into my bed. Angelina comes into my room and sleeps right next to me.

"Are you going to feel miserable now?" Angelina asked me.

"No. I think I'm going to be fine."

-

"And that's how I got stuck in detention," Wesley told me before taking a sip of a drink.

"Oh my god, you're such an idiot," I chuckled, throwing a fry at his face. Which he caught.

"And Winters scores!" cheered Wesley, throwing his arms in the air causing me to roll my eyes.

Wesley and I were at a diner. The same diner they brought me a while back. It was lunch hour and Wesley suggested we came here. Wesley told me that he be right back, leaving alone at the table. Looking around, it seemed that the day was going by slow today, the only customers they had was me and Wesley. 

"New boyfriend?" asked a voice, sitting in front of me where Wesley sat.

"No," I glared at her.

"Seems like it," laughed Gracie as I groaned.

I started to socialize ever since they left. I hanged with Gracie during weekdays since she's always with her family on the weekends. It felt great being friends with her again.

"Sorry, but I was gonna ask if you two would like to come to celebrate my little boy's birthday party?" asked Gracie.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's about time you meet my boyfriend and my son,"

"Well, that sounds fun," said Wesley, coming behind me," we'll go."

"Great, it's this Saturday! It's 6 pm, I'll send you the address. Bye Cassie Berry," said Gracie before she went back to work.

"Come on, lunch is gonna be over," I mumbled, getting up, and paying since it was my turn this time.

We walked quickly to the car, well, I did. I couldn't stand being in there.

"Cass, are you okay?" Wesley asked, getting in the car.

I looked out the window. Staring at the diner, "No. I sort of hate this place."

"Does it remind you of them?" Wesley asked.

A tear fell down my cheek, nodding. Wesley leans over to my seat, kisses my forehead, and wraps his arms." It gets better, Cassie. It gets better."

We drove back to school, eventually making it on time. We went to Literature and while entering the class, I felt everyone's eyes on me. I didn't know what was going on, this was going on for a while now too. Wesley doesn't even know himself.