A prophecy??!!!!

Credit to mah friend for her name idea Maplepaw.

Echopaw awakened to the sound of yowling. "RiverClan is attacking! RiverClan is attacking!" The speaker was Mintsong. She was drenched in blood, being the only one awake. Echopaw leaped to her aid, only to be pushed aside by a huge RiverClan tom. "Get out of the way, kit" he snarled. Echopaw growled. "I... am... not.. a.. kit!" She pounced on the muscular tabby, inflicting a deep wound that made the cat squeal in pain.

By this time the whole clan was out fighting. "Mintsong!" Echopaw shouted through the midst of battle. She dashed towards the lithe brown cat, vaguely aware of the tabby telling her she was a wimp. Everything happened in slow motion, Echopaw leaping over battling cats, landing with a thump, and running.... slowly running.. as a skinny white tom sluggishly raised a mangy paw, Mintsong on the ground shouting something to her... the tom swung his paw now, only it did not hit Mintsong.

Echopaw intercepted the death blow.

Echopaw screeched in pain as the cats unsheathed claws swiped at her stomach. At least it's not my neck, she thought as she blacked out, hearing her name. My mother. Echopaw thought as she closed her eyes. Mintsong.

Echopaw opened her eyes to find herself in strange surroundings. "Am I dead?" she murmured. "Not yet young one." a voice said. "It is not your time." "Who are you?" Echopaw queried. She only knew that the voice was from a she cat "You will know me soon enough, my kin. But I do carry a message for you. A prophecy. The voice repeats. It yells, then repeats back, like an echo." The voice paused. "Good luck, young one." it finally said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing Echopaw could see was her friend Maplepaws dull face. It immediately brightened when she realized Echopaw was awake.

"Echopaw's awake Echopaw's awake!" She shouted in glee. The medicine cat, Sparrowfur, dashed inside the den. "Are you ok? Do you need anything? Do you feel fine? How are you?" He fussed. Echopaw groaned. The light brown cat was very talented and kind, but way too overprotective and caring.

"I'm fine Sparrowfur. Just leave me alone with Maplepaw for a little." Echopaw glanced at Maplepaw, noticing the worried expression on her face. Sparrowfur dipped his head. "Of course" "Thank you!" Echopaw called out as he left, fondly. The young tom had played with her as a kit, influencing who she is now. Echopaw turned to Maplepaw. "I need to mention something as well, but it's probably more important than old Crowfur snapping at you for leaving some ticks in his mangy pelt." She snorted. Maplepaw shook her head vigorously. "I had a dream."

Echopaw widened her eyes. "So did I! A prophecy!" she exclaimed. Maplepaw began to cry. "Oh Echopaw what are we going to do?" she sobbed. "We're only apprentices. We can't do anything!" "No Maplepaw." Echopaw said softly. "Do you remember the story of Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Dovewing? And you can't forget Firestar! All great prophecies start young." Maplepaw sniffed. "But there was so much killing and bloodshed in all of them.." she trailed off. "It'll be fine." Echopaw said soothingly. Now tell me what you saw." "Well," Maplepaw sniffed. "I fell asleep suddenly, then found myself in an empty cave place." "I was there too!" Echopaw interrupted. She paused. "Go on." Maplepaw cleared her throat. Echopaw flicked her tail towards her. "Go on" she repeated.

Maplepaw angled her eyes to the entrance of the den. Echopaw turned her head toward the entrance. "Come out." Maplepaw said reassuringly. A creme head poked out so it was visible. The full body padded into the medicine den. "Lionkit! What are you doing here?!" Echopaw exclaimed. "I heard you guys talking about the cave." he meowed shyly. He hung his head down. "I know that cave." he finally admitted. Echopaw gasped in shock. "How?" she asked him. Lionkit dipped his head. "A dream." he said simply. "I got a prophecy." he added, obviously looking bored to hide his excitement.