Return

"The Gathering will begin momentarily!" thundered a tom so faded away the only things you can see was his dull green eyes and a light outline of his form. Echopaw yawned, relishing the thought of being back with her Clanmates. A gray tom padded up to her. "I haven't seen you. Are you new?" Echopaw nodded. "Listen to the Gathering and you'll be surprised at what you hear." she said mysteriously. The tom nodded slowly. "I'm Graystripe. What's your name?"

"Echopaw"

"That's an odd name for a Clan cat, it's more of a SkyClan name."

Echopaw cringed. She hated when cats questioned her name. It reminded her of her soft kittypet father, who's sister was a SkyClan cat.

Graystripe's expression softened. "Sorry, did I hit a weak spot?" Echopaw nodded reluctantly. "Settle down!" A cat yowled from a tall rock. She was faded as well. Echopaw sensed that the mass amount of StarClan cats respected her greatly, and they all quieted quickly after her command. "That's Hazelstar." whispered Graystripe. "Second oldest leader still in StarClan." Echopaw nodded. "We gather here on account of the young apprentice Echopaw, who should never have been dead. It is our desire to bring her back to life." Hazelstar announced.

Yowls of protest rose from the crowd. "It's not fair!"

"Most cats here shouldn't be here!"

"This is outrageous!"

"What's so special about a mangy apprentice of SkyClan!"

Echopaw recoiled. Anger flared in her head. "SkyClan?! Skyclan?!?! I am from ShadowClan you mouse-brained fox!" She roared. All heads turned her direction. "How dare she?" murmured a she cat to a tom. More whispers of surprise arose from the cats. Hazelstar glanced at the silver apprentice with... something in her eyes. Was it anger? Fear? Or, most likely, amusement? Or was there a tinge of worriedness?....

Hazelstar cleared her throat, but didn't say anything. There wasn't a single cat speaking. Finally, she said, "Is there something you wish to say, Echopaw of ShadowClan?" Echopaw shook her head, embarrassed. "Sorry" she mumbled. The tom standing next to her spoke up. "Very well." he dipped his head towards Hazelstar. "Continue." Hazelstar bowed back. "Thank you, Crescentstar." Her whiskers twitched. "Does anybody agree to my proposal?" she went on without waiting for an answer. "She is in a prophecy." All the cats murmured in surprise. "The Prophecy?" a cat shouted out. Hazelstar nodded. "Yes. The one with Maple, Echo, and Lion."

All the cats started to talk amongst themselves. A golden tom that reminded Echopaw of the lions told in nursery tales lifted his head. "All cats agree." he said gruffly. Hazelstar eyed Echopaw. "Young one, come forth." Graystripe stared in amusement at Echopaw. "I knew you were the one." Echopaw smiled kindly at him. "Goodbye." she meowed.

Graystripe smiled back. "Bye." Echopaw padded onto the massive rock where the four leaders were. "Welcome." a massive black tom rumbled. "I am Crowstar, oldest leader of ShadowClan that has not faded away yet." he told her. He took a step back so a lithe silver she cat could come towards her. "I am Minnowstar." she meowed with a tone of authority in her voice. "Oldest leader of RiverClan not yet vanished."

Another cat, the giant, muscular tom from before, padded up to her while Minnowstar took a step back. "My name is Crescentstar." he said in a deep voice. He stepped back to make way for a pair of eyes. Wait, a pair of eyes??!!

"Yes" the eyes meowed, reading her mind. "I am the oldest cat not yet vanished. My name..... is One-Eye." Echopaw dipped her head. "It is an honor meet you. But please, I am not looking forward to being buried, because it will be very unpleasant once I wake up." she said this in a neutral tone, but the fur on her spine was tingling. Buried alive? That's terrifying!!!

One-Eye said, "Now sleep, young one. You have a long life ahead of you."

Echopaw closed her eyes and thought of ThunderClan camp.

Hi I know this is bad but I really need to REALLY need to publish more.... I feel so guilty not being on.... So here you go, little kawaii muffins <3 This is a really short and boring chapter, I'm sorry. I hope it will get better <3