Introduction

Ever since I was a little child, I've dreamed of a better world. I look around me now to only find chaos...

Dark pools of slimy dirt replacing the once calming river streams. Silence replacing the chirping sounds of birds singing. Old, broken and rotten wood replacing blooming trees. And old wrecked buildings, abandoned... a city that has lost its hope... a world that has lost its life.

As I walk down the empty street, one of the very few streets that survived the greatest war this country has ever encountered, I think of what could be. What could be if only we had treated this world right? I walk as my heavy boots stomp down the rough ground, the cold wind breeze brushing my silver locks, and past my white wings. I fold my arms over my chest, my Wingsman shirt not enough to protect me from the cold weather. I never minded the cold, though the cold I feel right now is not the same...

It tells me that something is coming, something bad! Though, as bad as it feels, I could tell that what is yet to come could probably save this world. Or at least what's left of it. I take one last look at the Dark Ground, a place that I once called home.

As I reach the end of the road, the 'Welcome' sign signifying the end of the city grounds, I turn around as I take one last glance. The city has survived so far, and I could guaranty that it will rise again. Because I, Thea Thompson, still have hope.

With that thought in mind, I turn around before releasing my wings and flapping them up and down, lifting my body off the ground in the process. I then start flying in the direction of the compound, the Dakaita compound.