Nick's interrogation (sat)

A ray of sunlight flowed onto my face and into my eye. I winch at the sudden change of shade in my pupils. Slowly I blinked, letting the light seep into my eyes. Once my eyes were wide open I reluctantly pulled the covers off my body. Swinging my legs out of bed, I glanced at my watch. Eight o'clock, what? School started an hour ago! I jumped up and pulled the horrid school uniform on. It is by far the ugliest thing I've ever seen. It's a baggy white shirt with dark blue stripes made of the worst material, navy blue skirt that has to go down to the knee and it has no shape at all, white socks and black shoes. And this comes from a girl with no fashion sense what so ever.

I ran into the kitchen yelling "Its eight o'clock! Why didn't anyone wake me up? Nick! Why didn't you wake m..." I freeze realising no one's here. Nick trudges into the room groaning.

"Heck, Robin, its Saturday!"

"Sa-sa-saturday? I-i-i totally forgot." I stuttered in shock. Nick looked at me strangely. I never forget that it was weekend. I usually count down the seconds till the end of the week.

"You must really like this school to not think about the weekend." Nick thought out loud. My face flushed red thinking about the real reason I liked this school. This didn't go unnoticed; Nick stopped rubbing his eyes and looked at me in worry.

"Are you ok, Robin? You've suddenly turned bright pink! Are you sick? Or are you just really angry at someone?" he asked, reaching out to hold my shoulders. I raised my eye brows at him and he scrunched his in reply. We looked at each other like this for a moment longer, until he asked "Well what is it then?" I could feel the blood run to my cheeks even more.

"N-nothing" I answered quickly trying my best not to smile but failing very badly at it. I pulled away for my brother and walked past him to go back to my room to change into some comfy home clothes.

Once I came out, wearing a simple pair of shorts, a black shirt and no shoe, Nick was standing outside my door, he had also changed into some shorts and a pink shirt that showed the shape of his well-rounded muscles, ready to do anything to find out why I had gone the same colour as his shirt. I walked passed him on my way back to the kitchen to get some breakfast and, expectedly, Nick followed.

"Why did you blush?" he asked in a simple tone. I just smiled and took out two plates and putting bread in the toaster.

"Emma and her brothers are coming over later today, so if you want me to stay with you instead of going off with Emma and leaving you alone with Nigel and James, I suggest that you tell me what's going on." He said this just as I took the toast out of the toaster and onto the plates. I swung around to look at him, with quite some speed making my messy dark blond hair curls swing around and almost hit me on the other side of my face. I look at him with a begging expression. He seemed pleased with his work and had a slightly evil expression in his eyes.

"It's your choice." He said taking his plate and walking away on his way to the veranda. Taking hold of my own plate, I jogged to catch up to him.

"Ok fine" I grumbled. I waited until we had sat down and I had taken a bite of my Nutella toast.

"Sooo...?" Nick asked just before taking a bite of his. I swallowed hard, preparing myself to tell him.

"I have an extra lesson called learning support." I declared proudly. Nick just looked at me expecting me to say more.

"With Sven." I said as quietly as possible. It took him a bit of time to figure out what I said but once he did:

"With Sven!?!?!?" he exclaimed triumphantly. "Wait... who's Sven?" I smile at his reaction.

"He's a friend." I say as if it's the most normal thing for me in the world. Nick's jaw drops and, just as I'm about to take another bite, he holds up a hand stopping me.

"A friend? You have a Friend? Already? How? When? What?" He stops and looks at me "How could you not tell me?"

I looked up at him with a smirk, entertained by his exaggerations.

"Yes. Yes. He did all the work. The first day of school I guess. I have a friend. And it slipped my mind and I knew what your reaction would be." I answered all his questions in order that he asked them, like a list.

"Wait, HIM?" Nick exclaimed. I bob my head in reapply. He didn't say anything but I knew exactly that he was thinking from his facial expressions.

"Want another toast?" I said, taking his plate knowing his answer, as if I didn't know what he was thinking.

When I came back with the new toast, Nick had his nose in his fancy new phone. I have a phone too but it's a simple Motorola and I never use it as I have no friends.

"So...? W-what time is Emma c-coming?" I asked casually, causing him to snap his head up not noticing I had come onto the veranda. His face went a little pink.

"In about an hour." He huffs trying to get in out of the way quickly. "Ummm... I looked up the name Sven on the school website ... is this him?" he asked nervously, turning his phone to me. I put the plates down on the coffee table and took his phone. There were five small pictures on the large screen. I tapped on the last one, I always go from back to front with pictures I don't know why. The little picture zoomed in and covered the whole screen. It was the library card picture that is taken of all the students when they first come to the school and again when they beckon seniors. His hair was spiked up with gel and he had an evil smirk on his face. Yep that was him alright, but he looked the way he is around his friends and other girls. That was B.B. as they call him. I flicked to the next picture. I was of B.B. again playing rugby. I flicked the next picture quickly, not liking rugby and all. Again, the picture was aimed at B.B. but this time it was an action shot of him diving into the pool. The next picture was of a performance piece. You know acting. On the front, middle of the stage was a boy dressed in a tuxedo with his head down and one arm up pointing at the roof. I looked closely at the boy and realised it was B.B./Sven I'm not sure which. I didn't know he was an actor. I flicked to the last picture left. It was another library card school picture, but the one from year seven I guessed. This picture was very different to all the others. This picture wasn't of B.B. It was of a young boy with spiky but not gelled hair. His eyes where were filled with wonder and excitement but the rest of his face showed fear and insecurity.

"So? Is that him" Nick asked seeing my change in mood whilst looking at the last picture. I nodded my head not taking my eyes of the picture.