Hannibal's Morning

Hannibal woke up precisely at 5 o'clock that morning. He glanced out his window to see the gray clouds looming in the sky, promising rain for the day. A slight breeze helped colorful leaves fall from trees. He moved through his home with precision, all the while making sure everything was in its correct place and wiped clean. Getting into his Bentley Arnage he placed his phone on vibrate, all the while hoping no one would call him. He was halfway to work when the annoying buzzing sound of his phone sounded through the car, disturbing his peace. It could wait. An eyebrow twitched in annoyance as his phone dinged, letting him know he had a missed call. His eyes narrowed slightly as he noticed Will Graham waiting for him, something clearly on his mind.

"Will. I don't believe we had an appointment today." Before he even said it Hannibal knew it had been Will that had called him.

"I tried to call, but you didn't answer. I've been thinking a lot about what you said last night."

"Very well. Please, come in." He unlocked the door to his office, letting them in. Once in he took his jacket off and placed it over the back of his chair. "Have a seat." He indicated the seat across from him before he himself sat down. But Will did not sit down, he stayed standing.

"In my... I never saw a partner."

"There might not be a partner, I was just speculating." Before they could converse about it too much longer Will's phone rang. Something that annoyed Hannibal greatly. He didn't much like being interrupted, and even though this wasn't an appointed session he still would have preferred if Will had treated it as such by turning his phone off or putting it on silent. Before Hannibal could comment on the matter Will was off the phone.

"That was Jack. They found another body." Hannibal could see in Will's eyes the effects all this had on him. It was taking it's toll.

"Another male?"

"Huh... uh female." Hannibal found this new information curious. Had he been wrong about the girl he had zoned in on last night? Or had she switched genders to throw the police off? It was all speculation really until they got to the crime scene. He stood up again, brushing himself off before grabbing his coat. They made their way out of his office in silence.

As they were walking to his car a runner almost crashed into Will. He gave her a glance, at first not really paying attention to her. He was just a bit annoyed that she had not been paying attention and had almost crashed into them, all the while stalling them.

"Woah!" She exclaimed as she stopped herself from hitting him. Hannibal instantly looked at her. The tones of her voice seemed familiar to him. This time he actually paid attention to her. Her dark hair, even though it was in a ponytail sparked a memory in him of last night. The girl at the ball in the black and red dress. He looked over every detail of her. Her blue eyes held the same intensity in them as the girl from last night. Her height and body frame was also the same. He stood in silence as Will and the girl talked to each other, he noticed when Will became uncomfortable at a comment she made. She seemed to notice too as she then dismissed herself and left. He watched her start to jog off before she apparently gave up and walked off into the crowed.

They got in his car then and drove to the crime scene, neither of them talking. Once there Hannibal took notice of the dead woman. She had straight blond hair that laid in tangles on the ground, a coppery smell hit his nose, alerting him to the fact that there was blood. He watched as Will walked around the crime scene, talking to the other members of the team. He was curious as to whether this woman was in fact killed by the same person that had killed the men, or just another crime altogether. Something in his gut was telling him it was the first. Jack walked over to him as they cleared the area for Will, likely to ask him what he thought.

"What do you make of all this doctor?"

Guess he was right.

"Do you think it was the same person?"

"I can not say for sure," he paused for a moment. "But yes, this may be the work of the same couple."

"Couple?" Jack echoed. Had he said couple? He hadn't realized it. But as he stood there he was starting to believe his theory that this was in fact done by a pair. What their relationship was to each other he wasn't sure.

"We may be dealing with a pair," he speculated. But that was all he said on the matter, and all he would say until he had more information.