The Fight

Jade had just dropped the body of her victim and was about to dispose of it when she heard another heartbeat approaching. Acting quickly she dropped down to her knees and pretended like she was making sure the guy she had just killed, was ok.

"I think he needs help, can you call 911? I think I left..." but she stopped as she looked up and saw it was none other than Maroon...er Hannibal. She slowly stood up and moved away from the body. There was no point in acting now. This may have been her first meal and so she was still weak, but as a vampire she would still be stronger than him. "Sorry buddy, looks like I beat you to him."

"I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about."

"Oh I am sure you don't. So I will tell you a little story. Several days ago a girl was walking home when she noticed something happening in the bus yard." When she noticed his eyes dilate and narrow she smiled. "Ya that's right. I saw you. Just like I have seen you at crime scenes with the police, doctor."

"You really expect me to believe you just came across this man and tried to help him?"

Jade's eyes shifted to her kill.

"As I thought," he said.

"It seems we are at an impasse." They slowly started to circle each other.

"It would appear that way."

"Before I kill you, I just want to know. When you did you suspect me?" she asked.

"The moment I saw you at the ball. You fit our profile," he said simply.

"Hm profile, huh? You cops sure have come a long way from when I first started out."

"I am simply a psychiatrist, not law enforcement."

"Ya? Well then, give us a kiss psy-chi-a-trist." She said mockingly, kissing the air in front of her.

Jade jumped into action, coming in fast, and hitting him with a right hook.

He stumbled back and swiped his thumb across his lips. He pulled it away noticing the smear of blood. His tongue flicked out and licked it clean.

She raised her eyebrow at him as he chuckled.

"You're faster than I thought you would be," he said.

"You ain't seen nothing yet, baby." She smirked as she saw something appear in his hands. "Oh baby, a knife?" She patted herself down. "Damn it looks like you win, I am weaponless."

He tossed the knife at her, and she moved to the side, but apparently he was faster than she thought. Instead of missing, like she had planned, the knife actually struck her in the shoulder. She growled and hissed before pulling it out and letting the knife drop to the floor. By now her fangs were fully extended and her eyes had gone from blue to black. She laughed maniacally.

"Now we're playing."

She jumped into the air and landed on his chest, knocking him to the ground. Once on top of him she laid into him. Punching him anywhere her fist landed. She wasn't at all surprised when he brought his arm up to cover his face, but she didn't take notice to the fact that he was only protecting his face with one arm. At least not until he stabbed her in the side with another knife. She screamed out in pain before rolling off him. They both stood up at the same time and faced each other.

The loss of blood was taking it's toll on Jade, but she knew she could still beat him. He was only human after all. He ran for her, but she kicked out and nailed him in the chest, and he slammed into the wall behind him. She ran forward to punch him, but he ducked under her arm at the last minute. Before she could turn around he had her in a chokehold, likely hoping to knock her unconscious by cutting off her air. Good thing she didn't breath. She kicked off the wall in front of them causing him to slam into the wall behind them. She then elbowed him in the solar plexus before breaking his grip on her.

She turned around and was greeted by a backhand, which she returned before following through with a jab to his ribs

She turned around and was greeted by a backhand, which she returned before following through with a jab to his ribs. He ran for her, but she moved out of the way while grabbing him and throwing him into the wall. He came back at her with another blow, but she just jumped out of the way. He swung at her head, but she blocked it before headbutting him. As he stumbled back she walked up and grabbed him by the head. She looked into his eyes for a moment before biting into his neck.

He grunted before laying several punches into her stomach, causing her to pull away. She growled at him as his blood dripped from her mouth. She could feel the hole on her shoulder closing, but she didn't get enough to close the one in her side. She would need more for that. She slammed the palm of her hand into his nose, knocking his head back. She then dropped down and kicked his legs out from underneath him. She went to get on top of him again, but he kicked out hitting her in the jaw and again in the temple with his other foot. She took a moment to shake her head in order to clear it, not noticing the he had stood up and was advancing on her. She looked up just as he grabbed her hair, and pulled her head back.

"See you in hell, baby," she growled before he quickly slid a blade across her throat.

He let go of her hair as she fell to the ground. He took a few moments to catch his breath and compose himself a little before stumbling away from the whole scene.

About a second later Jade heard a familiar voice shout her name in the distance. Then it was next to her ear.

"Jade, stay with me dammit!" she heard Liam say before darkness took over.

The End.

Author's Note: Jade and Hannibal now know each other's true nature, but does Jade make it out of the fight alive? Liam seeks revenge for the one to hurt Jade. How will Hannibal react when the person he thinks he has killed shows up at his house. And how does Jade take her own revenge? Find out in the next story, First Flirtation.