Covering Their Tracks

Days after Jade told Liam she would take care of the girl, she still wasn't entirely sure how she was going to do so. She knew she couldn't just walk into a hospital and kill the girl, not with all the security and cameras they had. Even if she blended into the shadows it was still a risk. If someone accidently bumped into her, the shadows would disappear and she would be discovered.

Jade also had to take into account that the reason that Hannibal guy had informed her of the girl's condition was probably to set some kind of trap. He wanted to catch her, or perhaps Liam, trying to kill the girl.

She couldn't risk using fire, that would be a bit too much. She didn't want dramatics, she just wanted the girl dead. She could always use someone, a fall person, and get them to do the deed. Someone with no connection to her. But how? How would she find someone? And then get them to agree to kill someone else. Better yet could she do that? She wasn't as heartless as Liam. At least not yet. She still had some humanity left in her. But if she didn't Liam would get in trouble, and she couldn't have that. Yes, she could do; for Liam she could do it.

Then an idea clicked. Liam! Or at least one of Liam's vampire children: Pandora. Pandora was a gifted psychic and could even hypnotize people. Jade never liked working with her because she was crazy as fuck and hard to control, but Liam could control her. As her creator Liam was always able to keep Pandora controlled. The best thing about it was once the deed was done Pandora would just disappear again, something she was good at.

There were three kinds of vampires in the world. The one likes Jade and Liam. The ones like Pandora. And then the rest, the standard vampires.

Standard vampires were your normal vampires. They slept during the day because they couldn't be out in the sun. And they only had the standard abilities: heightened senses, particularly sight and hearing, and superior strength and speed. Standard vampires were the ones that were turned by halflings, and anything created by a halfling.

Halflings were a little more complicated. Some were turned by purebloods, like Pandora, while others had one pureblood parent and one human parent. Halflings are stronger than standard vampires, but weaker than purebloods. They could survive in the sun, but only for a few hours. Most developed a gift, a unique ability, but it was never as strong as a pureblood's. The only reason Pandora had such strong powers was because when Liam had drained her he hadn't given her his blood. He had done a full blood transfusion, giving her his father's blood, who he had killed in order to turn Pandora.

Last, but certainly not least, were purebloods, like Jade and Liam. Purebloods are vampires that are born from vampires, not created. Purebloods are stronger and more powerful than any other type of vampire. The eldest could walk in the sun without problems, and even the younger ones could survive in indirect sunlight. They could also blend in with the shadows, and had vampiric magic. The ones from the royal families, like Jade and Liam, had special gifts.

Now that she had a plan Jade just had to go through the hassle of finding the crazy vampire.

"I need Liam's blood," She said to herself.

"So you have decided to kill me?"

Jade turned around to see Liam standing there in her living room.

"No. I should, but no. I want Pandora."

"But you hate her."

"I don't hate her," she snapped. "I don't hate her, she is just a pain to deal with is all."

"You hate her." Liam walked closer to her then.

"Only when she calls me auntie!"

A small smirk played on his lips. "I knew it."

"Shut up." She smacked his arm playfully. "Let's go." She grabbed his hand to lead him to her basement where she performed most of her vampiric magic and kept her supplies. He didn't follow.

"What did that guy say to you sis?"

"What?" She was confused. Which guy was he talking about.

"The Doctor."

"Oh him. Nothing why."

"I got this strange feeling when you two walked out of my kitchen. I was going to say if he said, or did anything to you I would..."

"Liam," she placed her hand on his arm. "I don't need your protection anymore. You have got to stop looking at me like I'm your baby sister." She let go of his hand and his arm. "Besides, you know no one can hurt me." She lifted her right hand, that was engulfed in flames. "Especially not a human."

Liam too lifted his right hand, only his was covered in ice. When he grabbed her hand it put her fire out and melted the ice on his.

"I know, but I still worry."

"Liam you are supposed to be a heartless vampire. Worry should not even be in your vocabulary."

"Ya well what's your excuse," he said as he ruffled her hair.

"Hey!" She punched him in the arm. "Bastard," she grumbled under her breath. "Come on. Let's get this over with."

They both made their way down into her basement.

Once in Jade's basement, which was also her gym, she walked over to the far left wall and pushed her hand against a brick. The sound of air being released filled the room before a doorway appeared in the brick wall. The room was immediately lit by candles as they entered.

"You get after me for having a butler, yet you have this."

"Hey, this is a part of who we are. Just because you turned your back on it doesn't mean I have to. Besides mine is hidden, yours isn't."

"That could apply to so many things, sister."

Jade rolled her eyes as she smacked Liam in the arm, he just chuckled.

"Just go stand next to the bowl." She waved him off. "Dumbass," she added under her breath.

"I heard that."

"Huh?" She looked at him innocently.

Ignoring the fact that he stuck his tongue out at her she moved around the room and gathered the few things she needed. She then made her way over to a golden bowl that stood in the middle of the room. After putting the ingredients in the bowl she picked up an athame.

"Ready?" she asked him.

"Let's just get this over with," he grumbled. He lifted his hand above the bowl.

Taking Liam's hand in her own she used the athame to slash his hand. She then turned it in order to collect the blood in the bowl. Once she was sure there was enough she let his hand go. She then closed her eyes and placed her hands over the bowl. After saying a few words in Latin she opened her eyes in time to see the small explosion and a cloud of red smoke appear above the bowl.

A small smiled played on Jade's lips. "She is here."