Crime Scene

Jade smirked from the table she was sitting at as she watched Liam trying to snag a guy and failing miserably. After being shot down again she watched as he made his way back over to her. She tried not to laugh as he sat down, but she couldn't help it, as soon as the laugh escaped her lips he glared at her. Pinching her lips closed for a few seconds she tried to calm down.

"Having some trouble brother?" she asked while still trying not to laugh.

"Shut it," he snapped folding his arms over his chest. "I hate this game. Let's quit."

"You're the one that wanted to do this."

He waved her off. "Well I am bored now. Let's do something else."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. Liam sometimes had the attention span of a goldfish, especially when he wasn't getting his way. The big question here was did she try and get away from him, only to possible have him show up later, or just stick with him now. She would love to take a shower and change, but if she said that outright he would just follow her home.

"Fine, how about this: I want you to go out and find someone. I don't care about gender, but," she gave him a very pointed look, "they can't be drunk, or incapacitated in anyway..."

He scuffed. "Pft, that is easy."

"You didn't let me finish. I want this to be a challenge for you. I want you to find someone that you don't normally pick. I want this to be the most impossible find you could ever get. Convince them that going out to dinner with you tonight is going to be the most important things they do tonight. If you get someone I want you to take them to..." she trailed off in thought, "...Burger King. And they must believe that eating there is just as good as eating at a 5 star restaurant. Without threatening them or using your powers."

He seemed to sit there and think about it for a while before speaking. "What do I get out of it?"

"Of course you would ask that." She thought about it. "Whatever you want." But when he opened his mouth she held her hand up. "With the exception of me," she added.

He seemed to glare at her before leaning back in his chair. "Fine," he said dryly, "I will do it."

"Good. You start now." She then got up and made her way out of the club. She wasn't too surprised to hear him following after her.

"Oh, are you not going to play?"

"Nope."

"Why?"

"I'm not bored." With that she then started running. As expected he didn't follow her.

-----------

During Jade's run back home she couldn't help but make her way to where she had sent that female body. She wondered if anyone had found it yet. When she got there she was unsurprised to note that it had been found. What she was surprised by was the fact that Blue Eyes was standing right smack in the middle of the crime scene. But yet he didn't look, or even act like the other cops that were walking around. Was he special in some way? She didn't remember smelling anything supernatural about him when she almost hit him, but then again she had been caught up in the moment. She tried to see if she could sense anything from where she was standing, but the dead body and all the little lambs surrounding her made it difficult. But she was picking up on something. It seemed familiar in a way.

Her eyes scanned the crowd until they landed on maroon ones that were looking in her direction. She quickly stepped to the side putting a few people between her and those eyes. She knew those eyes. The man from last night. The one she had danced with before Liam showed up. The same eyes that had also almost caught her feeding. Cursing under her breath she weaved her way out of the still gathering crowd.

What luck that she would run into not only Blue Eyes but also Maroon Eyes. It didn't matter right now if Blue Eyes was special or not; a better question was what were either of them doing at the crime scene? They couldn't just be there as bystanders, they were both on the wrong side of the police tape. What were the odds that both men that caught her attention, albeit in different ways, would be at the site of Liam's victim. A small part of her almost wished she had left a body of her own. Maybe if she had she could have followed them between the two to figure out what roles they played. But she hadn't. She shrugged it off as she finally walked into her house. She would just have to do her own investigating, the question was, which one did she want to find out about more. Maybe she would just investigate them both and then decided which one she wanted to get to know on a more personal level. Once that was decided she proceeded to finish the rest of her workout before going to take a shower.