Chapter Twenty Nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE:

  I slowly open my eyes to reveal light purple walls surrounding me. I flinch from not recognizing where I'm at. I'm just about to freak out, when I see Zayn laying beside me.
  His eyes meet mine and he sits up, "Hey, how do you feel?" His voice is soft and comforting.
  "Um, okay, I guess." I sit up and start to feel dizzy. I close my eyes for a minute, trying to pull myself together. "What happened?" I wipe my face trying to remember, but my mind just goes blank.
  "You um, hit your head on the toilet." He tries to keep himself from laughing, but does a bad job of it.

  All of a sudden everything hits me and I become horrifically embarrassed.
  "Zayn, I'm so sorry! I thought you were in that bathroom, I swear to God I had no idea he was in there." I cry out explaining myself and look at him as I wait for his reaction.
  His vibe becomes serious, slightly irritated, but not mad like I would've thought.

  I look down in a panic and see if I'm still naked… I pull the sheets away and see one of Zayn's shirts on me. I look back up at him, "Do you think he did anything?" I start to feel completely violated and slightly scared.
  He grabs my hand, "He brought you in here…" He explains things and runs his tongue over his teeth preventing himself from getting mad, "He said he didn't, but you know how he is." He looks down and his eyebrows scrunch together, starting to get mad.

  "You didn't fight him or anything, did you… because this time it wasn't his fault." I look down and feel so stupid that I didn't recognize him in the shower.
  He takes a deep breath as he runs his fingers through his hair, "No…" He looks up at the wall, making me look as well.
  I gasp as I see a small hole in the wall. "…but I did get mad."
  I look down at his hand and it has a couple cuts on his knuckles and is still pretty red.
  "Zayn, I'm really sorry! Please believe me!" I desperately cry out not wanting him to hate me or get mad at me.
  "It's whatever." His tone is still irritated, but I can tell he's trying to calm himself. I know he's mad at me, but I can see him trying not to be.

  I wipe my face and then watch Zayn pace until his anger is completely gone. I look past him and see picture frames with pictures of Tricia and Zayn… and one picture with her and Louis.
  I'm assuming this is her room. I look around, just observing everything she has in her beautiful room. My eyes land on the hole he left in her wall. I don't know how, but we have to fix that before she comes back. I

   dangle my feet off the edge of the bed and slide off. As I stand up, the room becomes dark and I become fairly dizzy.
  I hold on to the edge of the bed and close my eyes, hoping it passes quickly.

  "Oh, Jade. I'm sorry." Zayn grabs onto my waist and sits me down. "Stay here, and let me get the pills Josh gave me for you."
  "Josh was here?" I hold my head, keeping my eyes closed. After a few seconds I can hear him come back in the room with a slight rattle.
  I look up and see him come from her bathroom with a bottle of pills and a paper cup of water.

  "You took your shower in here." I say my thought out loud, realizing the fact.
  I bury my face in the palm of my hands, feeling beyond embarrassed. He chuckles a little to himself and sits down on the bed. He hands me the cup and then the pills, "Josh said to take two every four hours."
  "What time is it now?" I ask looking at the questionable pills, hoping we won't be too late for school.

  He looks back at the clock, "It's almost twelve."
  "What?" I look at him with big eyes not believing him. "Twelve?" I repeat shocked.
  "Yeah, you were knocked out. We tried waking you up, but we couldn't. Josh said you probably have a concussion and that you shouldn't be sleeping, but I mean… we couldn't wake you up." He sits down beside me, "I got scared, hoping you'd wake up soon. Thank God you did."
  He grabs my hand, "He said when you wake up you need to stay awake for twenty four hours." He stares at me for a second and then gently pushes a strand of hair behind my ear, "Take the pills please." He says softly taking the bottle out of my hand.