Chapter Thirty One

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE:

  "Give that to me, right now." He demands and I stand up and give it to him.

  He snatches it harshly out of my hand and then turns around.

  "Why were you looking at his?" He asks and folds it up.

  "It fell out of the book..." I just stand there, watching him as he glares at me.

  He takes a deep breath and then starts to dress himself without saying a word. I sit on the edge of the bed and don't dare ask him what it's for.

  Once he's dressed, he slides the paper in his pocket and then goes outside.

  A few minutes pass, and I peak behind the curtains to see what he's doing.

  I see him sitting on the curb of the sidewalk, smoking and looking at the piece of paper.

  A good few minutes pass and he finally comes back in.

  "Don't ask me about it, I'll tell you when I feel like it." He says irritated, running his fingers through his hair. I use everything in me to hold back making a face at him or saying a remark back.

  "What time is it?" He asks anxiously.

  I grab the phone and hit the button so it lights up, "Almost five." I reply and hand him his phone.

  "Louis should be home..." He mumbles to himself and starts dialing.

  "Why do we need him?"

  He completely ignores me.

  "Hey, I need you to do me a favor..." He sits on the bed and continues, "...There's a bag in my closet. I need you to get it and go to the store and get some things... I need a tooth brush, a hair brush, lots of snacks, lots of bottled water, a couple redbulls, black hair dye, blonde hair dye, scissors... are you writing this down?... okay, deodorant... a girly smell for Jade, I don't know um, probably some makeup for her too... get whatever looks good... what else do you need?" He looks at me and I try to think.

  "Magazines." I can't really think of anything on the spot.

  "...Girly magazines, a carton of Marlboro's...make that two cartons actually, and a couple lighters. Get yourself whatever, but bring the rest of the money back with you, it's in the backpack. When you're done, meet me at Catcher's Lane Motel..."

  He gives him directions to this dreadful place and I roll my eyes at the fact that Louis will be here.

  He hangs up and looks at me. "Sorry, but we need him." He sighs, "I left the money at home from being in such a hurry." He looks down extremely annoyed with himself, "I just hope he comes and brings it all. I don't want to risk us going back to town and getting caught." 

  After a few minutes, he shakes it off and gets up. He turns the tv on, using the power button on the actual tv. He continues using the buttons to change the channel. I assume there's no remote... I guess that explains why I couldn't find it.

  He puts on American Dad and then lays back beside me. "I was trying to find the news, but I'm not exactly sure what channel it is... these channels are so weird and not like the ones on our tv." 

  He wraps his arm around me and pulls me close, "You were just to lazy to look." I laugh and look up at him.

  His eyes look down at me, pure perfection. Little specks of green are showing and his long lashes just frame his eyes so... perfectly.