Split Personalities Derek/Stiles [Part 5]

Stiles' body in a state of turmoil, he was depressed but he has no idea why he was depressed.  His thoughts drift to Derek, its been a week and half since their forest romp.  Stiles has been avoiding Derek, making up excuses as to why he couldn't go to the pack meetings, or train.  Their forest romp was never in Stiles plan, somehow the wolf in him messed all that up.

It was Saturday night as normal Stiles had nothing planned so he flopped onto his messed up bed and drapped his arms over his eyes.  He was almost asleep when he felt the bed dip and someone tapping his shoulder.

"Not now Scott, I am in no mood to hear you and allison today," Stiles moaned.

The tapping resumed.

"Scott," Stiles whined smacking the hand away and opened his eyes to see Derek over him. Oh Derek, what are you doing here?"

"You missed the pack meeting today, again." Derek stated.

"Oh, I was feeling under the weather," Stiles mumbled.

"Stiles, you're lying, and you have been advoiding me ever since that night. We need to talk?"

"What to we have to talk about Derek?" Stiles asked.

"About us."

Stiles sighed and stared at Derek waiting for him to start.

"I didn't think there was an us," Stiles admitted.

"But that night..."

"Our wolves went nuts."

"More or less, but it happened," Derek completed.

Derek settled at Stiles side.

"Yeah it did," Stiles sighed, "So what do we do, pretend it never happened?"

Derek let out a soft growl at the thought of pretending it never happened.

"No, I was thinking more along the lines of exploring what the wolves started.

Stiles looked at Derek shocked.  "Are you suggestion that we try dating?"

Derek gave a quick nod.

"Sure, I would try dating you."

Derek grunted and things lapsed into comfortable silence.

"So, it was my family that gave you the gift?" Derek said softly.

"You figured it out," Stiles smiled, "And yes they did."

"What did they say?" Derek asked curiously.

"Basically they said that you needed me, because while Scott is the brawn, I am the brain. It makes your pack more complete."  Stiles knew the hidden meaning in the Hale family's words, but he doesn't want to say them outloud.

"Oh," Derek said dejectedly.

"They said they don't blame you for what happend, you don't need to carry the guilt on your shoulders." Stiles added.  They didn't really say that but the feeling boiled inside him made him say that.

Derek continued to be silent, Stiles turned and cuddled against Derek, his head tucking into Derek's side.  Derek held Stiles tighter and they went into a comfortble sleep.