Chapter 7

Hayden's pov

All the red and blue lights blind me and i feel my legs trembling, my arms wrapped around Spencer. I don't want to let go of my safe place. I see Harry in one of the cars and Derek climbing in the front seat to drive him to the station.
"We need to go to a hospital and have you checked out. Ok?" Spencer cups my head making sure I understand and i just nod. I know he said he was sorry a thousand times but I can't seem to find any words to say.
Emily comes towards us and hugs her arms around me.
"Thank God you're ok." I nod and try to smile but it doesn't feel like I'm ok. He won. He took everything from me and he killed Mandy. Nothing is ok.
An ambulance arrives and the medical care comes towards me. They check out my eyes to make sure something in me is fine and as i sit on the back of the ambulance i hear Spencer's voice.
"You're gonna have to give us a full statement. Do you think you can do it now?" He asks and i shake my head. I don't want to talk about it. They got him. I don't want to talk about what happened while i was held here.
"Ok. We'll go to the hospital first then." Spence says and i nod.

Reid's pov

"She needs to rest now, her body is too weak from all the beatings." The doctor says after checking her up and my heart breaks just hearing this. He beat her and I wasn't there to stop him. "Dr, there's something you need to know." He adds and his worried look makes me anxious.
"She might not want to open up about what happened to her. Most women after being raped are having major trauma, so I recommend taking it slow." The time stops and my brain is having a major block. He raped her. A part of me knew the chances were high  but i was hoping he didn't. This is all my fault. How could i let this happen?

I feel JJ's hand rubbing my shoulder. "She's tougher than she looks like. That son of a bitch is gonna pay for everything." I don't want to hear anything anymore. I know he's gonna pay, but Hayden's never gonna be the same. She's had a bad life already, it's my fault now she's gonna have to live with this memory too.

"Call me when she wakes up."i say to JJ and she shakes her head. "No Spence, she needs you right now. Let Morgan and Hotch deal with the Unsub." she grabs my arm not letting me go.

"JJ, i need to go, i need to talk to him."i say angry jerking her hand off of me. She sighs and shakes her head not agreeing with me. "Who do you think she's gonna ask for when she wakes up?" I fight every cell of my body right now not to turn around and wait at the hospital, but i feel like all i've done for Hayden was wait and did nothing to keep that monster away from her.

I get in the car and drive straight to the heaquarters.

"Reid!"Morgan says surprised i left the hospital. "Hotch is in with him. You can't go in."

"i don't care."i say getting into the room where that Harry and Hotch are sitting.

"Agent Reid. You still haven't learned your lesson, did you?" Harry smirks at me and Hotch is cleary angry.

"Why'd you do it?" I ask searching for any rational reason why'd he kill all those women.

"oh, so she told you then? She liked it didn't she? How could she not? After all, you left her all alone again." His smirk makes me want to punch him in the face.
"Reid." Hotch stands up and warns me feeling my anger.
"He's right, you should head back to the hospital." He adds and now I'm focusing my rage against Hotch.
"To the hospital?! He raped her!" I yell at Hotch irrationally.
"Rape? Is that what she told you it was?" Harry clicks his tongue shaking his head.
"You should've seen how wet she was from my touch. She was ready for me, not like the others, those ones were just bitches, that's ehy i killed them, but Hayden? She loved every minute."
"The others?" Hotch asks sitting down again.
I look confused at him, he knew he'd get the statement making me angry.
"Tell me Agent Reid, how many girls screamed your name?" That monster asks me and i stand not saying a word.
"Yeah, i bet it was none." He speaks again and i just stare him in the eyes.
"22, and let me tell you it was none like Hayden." He smirks licking his lips and Hotch writes down.
"So you admit killing 22 women?" Hotch asks and Harry looks at me clicking his tongue.
"Those bitches got what they deserved. I did it all for Hayden."
"You just admitted to killing and raping 22 women. I hope your actions will torment you in the maximum security prison because you'll live the rest of your days there." Hotch speak signaling for me to get out.
I shake my head and leave. I'm so lost I can't do anything.
"Come on pretty boy, let me give you a ride to the hospital, we're done here."
I nod to Morgan's words and visions of the video of Hayden being tortured pop in my head and I can't believe i let that happen. I can't believe i wasn't there for her.
"Earth to Reid?" I see Derek looking at me parking the car.
"Hmm?" It's all i can say.
"She's safe now."
"5121." I sigh looking at him.
"5121?" He asks confused.
"It's the number of hours we spent together, do you think she's gonna be the same as Hayden i got to know it those 5121 hours?" I ask not being able to anticipate anything of what will happen next to Hayden.
"Honestly? No. But it doesn't matter you have to let this get between you two. You can build a stronger relationship because of this. You're her hero Spencer. She knows you did everything you could to save her. If it wasn't for you, she could be locked up dead in his basement. We found her just in time." Morgan says and i know he means to comfort me but all i can think about is the things he's done to her and how i can never erase those memories from her memory.
"Don't put up this wall of guilt again because you might risk to push her away. Be there for her now." I nod at his words and enter the hospital. I see JJ sitting next to her bed. She stands up and hugs me.
"Thank God you're here." She whispers hugging me close.
"Did she wake up?" I ask feeling a thunder of guilt that i left her alone again, spreading in my bones."
"No, but it's good if you're gonna be the first face she sees." I press my lips into a thin line and get closer to Hayden's bed.
Her fragile hands are bruised and her beautiful face is painted splashes of dark purple. I gebtly caress her blonde hair and i feel a tear roll down my cheek.
"I'm gonna give you some privacy. I'll be outside if you need anything."
"Thank you JJ, please don't stay here. Go home, be with Will and the little ones."
"I'm not leaving Spence." She argues but I don't want to waste another second here.
"JJ please. Being with your family it's the most important thing." I look at Hayden and I'd do anything to be able to go back to that night she was kidnapped and be home with her.
"Already talked to Garcia, i'll leave only when i see her here. Not up for debate. I'll be outside if you need anything." She says again and i thank her.