42

Dan pulled into his driveway, rethinking everything that had happened in the last hour.

God, why do I have to be so dramatic? Dan thought, as he stepped out of his car and into the frosty air.

He unlocked the front door, hastily running in, as it was starting to snow.

"Phil?" Dan said, starting up the stairs.

"I'm in our room," Phil called out, sniffling.

Is he crying? Dan thought, as he ran into their room. There Phil was, sitting on their bed, basically balling his eyes out.

"Phil? What's wrong?", Dan said, sitting down next to him and rubbing his hand on his back to comfort him.

"N-nothing," Phil said, attempting to dry his eyes without Dan noticing.

"Phil, I'm sorry if I upset you by storming out like that, I was being dumb and emotional," Dan said.

"N-no, it's not th-that," Phil said, still trying to hide his tears from Dan.

"Then what is it, Phil? I promise, talking about it will make it better," Dan said, pitifully looking at Phil.

"I-it's Charlie, Dan," Phil said, throwing himself onto Dan, crying into his shoulder with his arms wrapped around his neck. "He used to hit and yell at me, Dan. And now he's back. What if I fall for it again? What if I fall in love with him again? This has happened before. Multiple times. He was abusing me, so I broke up with him. Then a couple months later he called me, and told me to meet him for dinner. And I did. I listened to him. And over time, I fell in love with him for the trillionth time, and then he started hitting me again."

Dan didn't say anything for a while, just let Phil cry until he was a bit calmer.

"Don't worry. I won't let him touch you ever again. It's okay, love," and they lied down, Phil still crying, and fell asleep holding on to each other.

***

WAS IT OKAY

I FEEL LIKE IT WAS EXTREME CRINGE AGAIN

SHOULD I DO A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

I COULD STEAL PEWDS' PUN AND CALL IT THE CRINGEMAS SPECIAL

***