Forgiveness

February 20, 2016
Manhattan, New York

Omniscient

Korey woke up to his mother throwing up in the bathroom . Once he went into the hallway bathroom , he found her hovered over the toilet sweating and throwing up green mucus.

Grabbing her some cold wash cloths , he wiped her forehead as she released herself .Kelis had been staying with Korey since she showed up to his door in May .

"You gotta take it easy on the meds , have you been over taking them again?", he asked wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

" I've been taking the right dosage, I've been eating too ," she gave him a toothless smile .Her many years of drug use started to take a toll on her physical appearance .

"Let's get you cleaned up and back in the bed ", he told her helping her up from the floor.

5 Days Later..

The Taylor siblings sat around their mothers hospital bed . She had come in for a cold that had gotten worse by the day .

Even though the doctors tried to stay positive , in their hearts they knew this was her last couple of days .

While Kelis slept peacefully , Braelyn got Korey's attention ."Can I speak with you alone?", Braelyn asked Korey.

She wanted to make peace with her spirit if it was in fact her mothers last days.The two walked into the hallway and sat down on a near by bench .

"I want to talk to her , I've just been in my feelings a lot and I just want to make peace ", she looked down with tears in her eyes.

"That would be nice , I mean she had her issues but she was a good mother once upon a time . She suffered from a disease and we will never get that time back . Just let her know you forgive her . I did along time ago", Korey spoke .

After everyone left , Braelyn stayed behind to talk to her mother. Kelis was waking up from the medicine induced sleep she was in ."Hey baby , you still here it's late", Kelis spoke .

"Yes, ma I just want to say that I forgive you for all those years and I just want to make peace with this situation. I love you and you are the only mother I have and it's scary thinking we can never get those absent years back", Brae spoke as tears streamed down her face.She got up and laid in the bed with her mother.

"I can not give you that time back . But you turned out great . You always put your siblings first and you are a successful businesswoman . You will be graduating with an MBA in Accounting. You will be a wife soon to that gorgeous man who would do anything got you and some day a mother. I'm so proud of you . But now that I know my life is coming to an end I have made my peace. Momma did right by you kids and I know she's proud too", Kelis cried as they embraced.

The two stayed up the rest of the night talking about different things.

Two Weeks Later..

Four  days after Braelyn talk with her mother , Kelis lost her battle with AIDS . They were burying her ashes today.

Kelis told them that she would rather be remembered for her beauty before the drugs and disease took over her body.

"Dave come on , we are supposed to be outside in 10 minutes ", Braelyn yelled up the stairs . The family all decided to wear blue , since it was their mothers favorite color.
She wanted her ashes to be buried by her mother .

After the Memorial Service...

A couple of Kelis New York childhood friends showed up , along with the siblings and their friends .

The crew came back to Braelyn and Dave's house for drinks .

" She hasn't come back home yet ?", Dave asked Rashad while sitting at the table in the kitchen .

"Hell naw, she staying her parents , she won't answer my calls and she didn't even speak to me today at the service", Rashad responded .

"What you expect , told you that apartment was gonna get your ass in trouble", Dave told him.

Flashback

As the door opened , a young lady answered ,"Can I help you ?". "Yes , where the fuck is Rashad bitch", Lauren yelled. Lauren pushed pass the girl and Braelyn mugged her .

"Who was it Bri?", Rashad came from the back room in only boxers . His eyes grew wide watching the two women walk in causing commotion. "Really , this you . Nice place I hope you have a 12 month lease cause this where you will be staying ", Lauren spoke calmly. "It ain't what it look like , baby come here" , Rashad grabbed her arm and Lauren slapped him across his face. "Bitch don't touch me. All these years and you out here playing house with bitches", she yelled.

Braelyn had the girl in a head lock , waiting for Lauren to give her the word . " Lets go Brae", Lauren spoke while knocking everything off of the counter of the kitchen . "Clean up your mess bitch", she spoke in the girls face.

"I can't believe you bro, Lauren has been nothing but loyal to you", Dave took a sip of his beer shaking his head.

He knew about the apartment , but he stayed out of it. It wasn't his place to tell Braelyn or Lauren.

Braelyn walked into the kitchen grabbing a glass from the cabinet. She was so disappointed in Rashad , after the altercation Lauren told her that they had been arguing a lot .

"Wassup , Brae", Rashad spoke .

She just glared at him and walked out of the kitchen.He had to make this right , he just didn't what he could do..

____________________

I actually teared up on the part with Brae's mother , that was really sad.. 😢

-Shaina