Boyfriends for one night 4

What was wrong with Scott? Was he avoiding me? I was sitting at the improvised bar with some nice people chatting and drinking. I literally felt his glances on my back a few times but every time I turned around he was acting like I didn't exist. Was it because of this stupid kiss?

It was late when Mitch and Scott came home from the little party stumbling through the door in the apartment. Mitch didn't remember how he got so drunk. The last thing he remembered was dancing on a table till Scott dragged him out. Finally noticing him again. Touching him again.

"Ssssssscott...", I purred as he rested his arm on my shoulder in the middle of the floor.
"Whatcha doin? U can't just stand here. Girl is tiiiired!"
He just hugged me closer. "Yes I can. I don't wanna move yet..." I sighed. "At least let me get some water." I was afraid of the headache I would get in the morning and besides that I should take care of my best friend and my dizzy sight was not helping.
"Mmmkey"
I ignored him and slipped through his arms and went, as fast as I could in my drunken state, to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle and headed with another one for Scotty to the couch where he laid drowsy. I sat down beside him handing him the water.
"Drink." I commanded. He just grinned and obeyed for at least this time. I turned the TV on tried to focus on spongebob but after five minutes the still slightly drunk blone decided to annoy me.
"Mitchy come here. Cuddle!"
I shook my head ignoring the tug at my shirt.
"I wanne cuddle with my boyfriend now!", he started to pout. Really? He still thought I would act like his fucking boyfriend? After this stupid kiss in front of his ex-boyfriend?
"Come on! You could have just told me that you wanted to make Alex jealous...seriously I didn't mind but lying to your best friend  isn't very nice boy!" I really didn't expect him to actually listen to my words since I thought he was still lit but judging by his mouth hanging open and his eyes suddenly gleaming with anger he did listen to me.
"I wasn't lying! I didn't even know that Alex would be there too! It was an amazing evening being your boyfriend!"
I rolled my eyes as his voice almost cracked.
"It's okey Scottyboy, like I said, I don't mind..."
He shook his head in disbelief. "No. No. No. Do you...do you mean because of the kiss? If thats the reason you are wrong! I kissed you because your lips were...are gorgeous. Because I wanted to taste you! Because you were 'my boyfriend'." , the baritone exclaimed. And it seemed so honest and hopeful the way he looked in my eyes so I believed him. But I wasn't sure what to answer.
"Can we talk tomorrow? I wanna cuddle...", I said changing my mind, too tired to deal with emotional Scott right now.
"Yet again?" He just simply smiled exhausted and curled up behind me stroking my hair.
Sometimes I was so lucky to have him as best friend.
Well boyfriend doesn't sound bad either...