I missed you

Brannie

Annie:

I got up really early, and texted Luke that I'll be there for lunch.

I'm a 7th grader, and I changed schools for the first time. You read that right.

Since it's both our week break from school, I decided to see them. They're only a couple streets away from ours.

To: Lukes

Hey, be over in like 30 minutes. Bring Andy and Terrence with you. I wanna meet up with y'all.

I hit send. I took a bath, put on a black T-Shirt saying "Sweet Love", some jeans, and sneakers. I put on my small backpack then I placed my hair into a ponytail, And I'm off to go.

I walked to their house. "ANNIEEEE!" Luke yelled and hugged me. I smiled and hugged back. Luke and Andy are my boy best friends. Terrence, he's a year older, and classmates with my old crush. "Should we call your 'Batman'?" Luke teased. I ignored him. Andy was acting like my grandfather again. The good old days. "HEY, GRANDPA, WHERE'S GRANDMA? IS SHE GREAT TO DATE WITH? CLARISEEEE!" I yelled. He covered my mouth. "Jokessss!" I removed his hand.

"Y'all grew taller than me, dammit." I said, smiling. "Yahh!" Terrence replied.

You see, Terrence was the smallest, even though he's a grade and year older. But not seeing him for a year, he grew taller. Taller than me, jeez.

Luke, Luke was already taller than me. Andy was half an inch shorter than me.

We walked in Luke's house and chatted. "Hey, should we invite your crush? Remember, he also lives in this neighborhood!" Luke yelled, again. "Sure." I nervously said. So they did, but they didn't tell him that I was here.

"Hey Brennan!" Luke yelled, and I hid. "Why did you invite me here?" He asked. Terrence signalled me to come out, and I did. "Hi." I simply said, and he looked surprised. He immediately went red, and nervously smiled. "Hey." He mumbled.

"I missed youuuuu!" I exclaimed and hugged him.

But I felt butterflies. I thought I've moved on from him. I guess not, but this feeling's perfect.

"Awww! The two love birds who got separated for 2 years met again!" Luke teased.

"Shut up!" Brennan said, and hugged me back.

"How tall are you guys? jeezus you guys changed a lot in almost a year." I asked.

"5'6." Andy replied.

"5'7." Terrence.

"Oh woaaaah! I grew only an inch, damn." I exclaimed, breaking the hug. Brennan looked upset, so I placed my arm on his hips so it looks like we were still hugging.

"5'7 too!" Luke smiled.

"5'7." Brennan looked at me. We were like a couple because of our position, but I didn't mind. This only happens once in a blue moon, because we were never really close.

"Okay, you all can stop being so lovely dovey now." Luke laughed. I removed my arm and blushed hard. I was getting feelings for him again. Woah, I've MOVED on. Not.

"Okay, let's all go out and eat lunch. My treat?" I said, trying to hide the redness of my face. "Sureeee! Make sure there's Fried chicken!" Andy exclaimed. Typical Andy. He never changed.

"Okay." I chuckled. We all went to Taco Bell and Andy looks upset. "Everyone voted for Taco Bell, Andy. Sorry."I chuckled. He continued to eat his food with a sad look on his eyes.

Once we were all done, we went back to Luke's house and played some video games, which I was very bad at.

The day ended, with the sunset going down. Luke, Andy, and Terrence said goodbye. Brennan wants to walk me to my house. I refused, but he insisted. But since I really do miss him, as a friend, maybe as a crush, I gave in. "You still remember where my house is?" I chuckled. "Of course." He smiled. We walked to my house, and chatted on the way.

"Thanks." I grinned. "Do you still like me?" He asked, probably regretting it afterwards. "Well, yes, I think, why?" "I'm just asking." He messed up my hair. "I remember the times we would chat about life, watch a tv show while chatting, and saying random topics just to continue the conversation." I said with a smile, and looking down. "Yeah. What was your reaction when I said I love you to you?" "Oh, well... I smiled widely, and felt like I'm going to jump." I looked into his eyes.

"Oh. You never said I love you to me though." He replied with a sad expression. "I love you." I repeated what I said in my head. Oh shizzles, I'm doomed.

"I love you too." He replied and I felt myself blush. "Oh, I still have a crush on you. I realized." I mumbled.

He kissed my cheek, and sparks were flying. See? I haven't moved on.

"See you next time, I guess. Chat?" I asked as I got home. "Okay, see you next time." He smiled and waved, while he walked away.

We never talk to each other in person, so that was a first. It was the best reunion ever.