Sunset

Brannie

Annie:

I saw him with flowers behind his back. I was wondering who he'll give it to, and I was expecting it was me. I've had a crush on him for 3 years now, but he doesn't know me. He sees me as a ghost.

I was behind a tree when he went closer. I was excited because I knew he'll give it to me. But no, he gave it to a girl I knew he liked. She was sitting in front of the tree I was behind.

"Brennan?" She said, standing up.

"Will you go out with me?" He smiled and gave the flowers to her. Tears poured down my face.

I knew I wasn't going to be his first kiss, his first girlfriend.

So, quickly, I hid in the bushes and ran when they weren't looking. I instantly fell on the ground, with tears still blocking my view.

No one helped me. No one saw me.

I sat down there, crying my eyes out until I saw someone throw a bouquet of flowers. I looked around to see who it is, not caring how ugly I look.

A boy was punching a tree. He punched so hard his fist bled.

I didn't care. I continued crying. My world revolved around him, and his world revolved around someone.

"Are you all right?"

I looked up, and there, I saw his face.

Brennan.

I look like a bulldog right now, but I didn't care. I didn't care at all.

"Does it look like I'm okay?" I said with coldness in my voice and looked down again.

"Hey, c'mon Ans,or if you don't want me to call you that, then Annie,  you can talk to me. I've had the worst day today, and I needed someone to talk to." He sat next to me.

"See? Bloddy knuckles because of punching a tree. That's how worse my day has gotten into."

My world stopped. He knows me. While all I knew was he saw me as a ghost.

"Y-you know who I am?" I stuttered, full with shock.

"Of course. I knew you ever since you transferred." He smiled.

Joy took over the shock I felt.

"I-I..."

"Friends?" He started.

I smiled. "I guess."

And that was the start of our friendship.

I still like him right to this very moment, but I didn't want to tell him how I felt. It could ruin the 2 years of friendship we had.

Five years, jeez. I can't move on from him.

"Ans!" He waved over to me. I smiled and ran to him.