Thoughts

Kaleb

Katie:

He was my first crush. And he was the first to crush my heart. That's what crushes do to you, right? They crush your heart.

There was one time, He said I love you to me through chat. I was overjoyed, he also called me some endearments which I laughed at.

We were the best of friends because of the chats. We were close through it, but in person, nah. We aren't close.

Now, he likes someone. Someone I hate. And I was the only one who's still hanging on. His friend also helped me to get to him, but it didn't work.

But, occasionally he says hi to me, then probably stares at me. Not that I assume, but I caught him. Everytime we see, actually.

When he walks past me, I sometimes move my arm so both of us can make contact.

I also wonder: why the freak do I like him?

He's not the man I dreamed of. I didn't like badboys. But I suddenly liked those because of him.

He doesn't have the best eyes.
He doesn't have the best lips.
He doesn't have the best attitude.
He doesn't have the best behaviour.
He doesn't have what I like in a boy.

But somehow, I liked him. I liked how he is.

I don't know what has gone into me.

But, that's what fate does, right?

I don't know.

He may not have the perfect singing voice, but I like him.
He may not have the qualities I like, but I like him.

Maybe because of a single conversation that made us close.

But a single conversation also made us break apart.

He's a badboy.
I'm a good girl.
We're opposite.

My boy best friend is a goodboy.
I am a good girl.
We're the same.

But I didn't like him. I liked the opposite.

Let's talk about magnets.
South pole and north pole attracts. They're opposite, right?
South pole and south pole or north pole and north pole repels. Because they are the same.

And maybe that's how destiny plays with people.

But I was grateful to have met him.

My mind's a mess right now.

Thanks, CALEB. Thank you, a lot.

Because of that daydream, I bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry, Katie." A very familiar voice said. I looked up, since I was on the floor. "Oh, it's alright." I smiled, and stood on my own. "Thanks, anyway. Thanks for messing my mind up." I whispered the last sentence and walked away. "Messing your mind up? Huh? I don't get it."

"I bumped into you because of the thoughts flying. The topic was you. Always you." I replied, taking a deep breath. "I got to go." I mumbled, and walked to the room. "Hey. Why are you late?" Annie asked. "Thoughts. Brother." and she guessed it quickly. "It's alright, Kates." She rubbed my back. I fake smiled.

"Let's get on the lesson, shall we?" she chuckled. I nodded and chuckled, but a fake one.

Break was already here, and I sat beside Annie. Caleb went near us, and asked Annie something. I didn't care at all.

"I'll be back. I forgot my notebook." She said and ran off. Caleb sat beside me. "Hey." He smiled. I slowly melted. "What?" I said coldly. "Look. If I've hurt you, I'm very sorry." he said, sincere. "Okay. I can forgive. But I'll never forget." I avoided eyecontact. "If only I didn't do this experiment." He mumbled to himself.

"What experiment?" I became curious.
"Okay. I wanted to see if you still like me. Instead of finishing it, after seeing you hurt, I continued. Then I fell for her. But I knew her attitude. That was one thing that made me stay away from her." He explained. "I'm sorry." He repeated, and I rubbed his back. "I forgive you." I mumbled and blushed. He smiled and hugged me. First time.

But my thoughts were still a mess.

No, don't go back to him!

Go back. He's perfect for you.

See? Still a mess.

But those will go away until we sort this out.