Chapter Twenty-Two: Daniel

I'd suddenly become a prick of a boyfriend.

What the hell was I doing? Pushing Tyde away; making her believe I don't trust her; doubting every word she says. I couldn't even accept that it was my fault, I constantly blamed Dick for putting the idea in my head that Tyde's anticipated departure would result in losing her.

I didn't want to lose the only woman I've ever felt true love for.

......................................................................................................

The next morning, I woke up a mere couple of hours after I'd finally managed to go to sleep. The guilt of how I'd acted towards Tyde was racking my mind - I had to make it up to her. There was no story I needed to listen to, she was no liar or cheat: I believed her from the bottom of my heart.

I decided that the first solid move in my mission to make things better was to wake her up with hot chocolate loaded with mini marshmallows. She always loved drinking that on a special occasion. But it's not a special occasion, Dan! I thought to myself. I was struck with an idea of how to make it a special occasion, but pushed it quickly to the back of mind.

"Good morning," I whispered, waking Tyde up with the mug of hot chocolate in my hand. She slowly opened her eyes, looked straight at me with a sleepy grin. Through her eyes, I saw memories of the night before come rushing back, and her face twisted into a narrowing scowl.

"You've changed your tune," She muttered, accepting the hot drink all the same.

"I know. We should talk downstairs," I sighed, kissing her hand gently and walking down the stairs into the living area. I fell down onto one of the sofas, rubbing my temple in fear. I was terrified she wouldn't forgive me. We could fall apart and be over in five minutes. 

I was way too emotionally invested in this woman.

She slowly descended the stairs, sheepishly sitting in front of me. I stared at her for a few moments, assessing her beautiful face.

I decided to use that idea after all.

I got down on one knee and grabbed her hand for the second time that morning.

"Tyde Daniells, will you marry me?"