Six

"(Y/N)?" (C/N) says, rubbing sleep out of his eyes.
You wipe away a few stray tears from your cheeks and answer in what you hope is not a terrified voice. "Hey Sleepyhead, I made cookies!" You carry the plate into the living room to see (C/N) furrowing his brow. "What? You don't like chocolate chips?"
"What happened?" He's already standing, looking around nervously, "The last time you looked that scared was when (M/T/N) mean teachers name yelled at you for forgetting to clean up your table in (2 years ago) grade. Something has to be wrong. What's wrong?"

"Nothing! It's nothing. Really!" He raises his eyebrows and you cave. "We're snowed in! The snow is already four feet deep and my mom says it won't stop for days!" Then, quieter, "I'm not going to cry." And now, so softly (C/N) leans in to hear better, "I've been crying all day. Just like the pathetic weakling I am."

"I wish you would stop pushing yourself down. We're going to be okay." His hard breathing alerts you to his true fear.
"Yeah."

The two of you sit there for a long time, wondering what you'll have to do to not go crazy. Once, (C/N) asks if the wifi is down as well as cell-service, and you answer that it should be fine. Once, you ask if his parents know about the storm, and he says they should but he'll text them anyway.

After about an hour of just sitting awkwardly(actually it was probably more like ten minutes), (C/N) stands up and stretches. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going to try to have fun with this amazing girl I'm lucky to be trapped with for so long. How about you?"
Relived by his light attitude, you bring back a little snarky-ness. "That's the princess of the universe  to you!"
"Right," he laughs, even though the dark mood has not yet evaporated. "Want to watch a movie?"
"Sure," he pops in your favorite and sits back down. You lean against him and close your mind against the harsh realities of the outside world.

Hello, I know it's been forever since I updated this! I'm sorry.... But I am updating other works regularly! I love you all so much!
-Rosie