Chapter 4- The hotshot (More like coldshot)

Chapter 4

As finn put on the crown his hair grew longer and turned white. His nose began to grow and his teeth became more pointed. It began to snow. Amber saw it snow all around her and let out a worried groan "oh no." She began to run back to the grocery store where finn had sat. She found him hovering above the ground laid back as if he was lying on a couch. She noticed his state and gasped. "Finn! What happened!"

He looked over at her. "I'm fine now baby." He said

"BABY?!" Amber said in an offended tone.

"What I thought you were my princess?" Finn replied.

Amber fumed that stupid crown had something to do with it. Where was the sweet shy finn that she met in the alleyway?

"You have to take off that crown!" Amber shouted at him. "I can't I am the prince and YOU are the reason why I was sick." He said.

"What do you mean?!"

"YOU made me take off the crown!"

"No I didn't make you do anything."

Finn was getting bored of Amber he started floating away ice trailing behind him.

"Finn!" She started following him.

Finn ignored her and went into a broken down department store looking for something...

"Ah perfect!" He smiled. Pulling a small ripped up blue sheet out of the rubble and tied it around his neck like a cape. "Now I am a proper prince" he said

Amber was looking around calling Finn's name when suddenly finn was hanging upside down in front of her face holding his crown on his face.

"Hey." He said in a smooth voice.

"What the heck finn Why are you acting like this?" Amber asked.

"I don't know honey just feeling chill today." He smirked.

"Ugh snap out of it already!" She yelled and punched him not thinking about what she was doing.

Finn's grip loosened from the crown and it fell to the ground. Since finn was upside down he fell to the ground and bumped his head on the hard floor.

"Ow what was that for?!" Finn rubbed his head.

"For being a wad!" She said flustered.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? Floating around calling me baby and all that!"

Finn blushed bright blue. "No no that wasn't me! It was the crown!"

"Ugh" she said and then walked into the store.

Finn walked in after her and found her sitting on the floor next to the burnt out fire that they had sat by last night. Finn sat next to her.

"Why did you even put it on?" She asked noticing he was there.

"It it told me to! It said that was the reason i was sick. It told me I was..." he hesitated.

"Told you you're what?" She said.

"It told me I was too far gone to survive without it. I mean isn't it weird that when I take off the crown for the first time since I've had it I get sick? And isn't it weird that after I put it back on I change even faster? Look at me now I'm blue!" He said freaking out now.

"Finn relax. I know it's scary for you, I'm scared for you too."

"I can't relax I'm on the verge of insanity! I caused this chaos I caused it all I have every right to freak out!"

"Calm down I understand. Just relax." She said in a soothing voice and then hugged him.

Finn blushed dark blue and then smiled. She hugged her back gently taking in all the warmth and kindness.

"Thanks Amber." He said shyly."

She let him go and then looked into his eyes. Without thinking Amber closed her eyes pressed her lips against Finn's. Finn's eyes were wide and he his face was bright blue. He hadn't kissed anyone before. Amber stopped and then looked at him and her face turned red and she went outside and sat down. Finn went out and sat next to her.

"Wha-t was that?!" Finn said.

"I don't even know." Amber said nervously thinking of what to say.

"It's just- I- I like you OK maybe even love you." She said flustered.

"Oh" Finn said.

"I don't know what to say."

"I'm sorry." Amber stuttered.

It started to snow. Finn didn't even have the crown on. Finn looked up in wonder.

"Why." Finn said

"What?" Amber asked.

"Why is it snowing!?" Finn said frustrated

"I don't think it's you this time finn. I think winter is coming." Amber said worriedly.

"Let's get inside."

He held her and brought her inside and the wrapped themselves up in blankets. Amber lit the fire and they sat down.

"So A-amber the thing is.... I liked you too. Like like you. You make me have this weird feeling inside, like the ice in my heart is melting, like I could be sane again. You make me feel, different." He said hugging his blanket.

"Oh I didn't know you felt that way."

"But I just wasn't expecting you to just kiss me like that."oh I'm really sorry I just wasn't thinking. All my thoughts just disappeared and everything, my brain my heart, my feelings all just set on you."

Finn didn't know what to say he just stared at her. She stared back into his teal eyes. He blinked softly and then pushed the bleach blonde hair out of his face. A tear fell down his cheek. "Thank you."

"Th-ank you for what?" Amber whispered.

For helping me of course! He smiled. "I never would've survived this continuous spiral into depression and madness." "YOU gave me something worth protecting, something to make me hold on to sanity. YOU were that something."

"Wow finn." Amber started. "I'm gonna continue to protect you no matter what I'll never leave your side and that's a promise." She smiled.

Finn made a teary smile back at her.