Chapter 8- Spring

Chapter 8

What the two thought was about two months the snow began to thaw out and they were finally able to go outside and get sweet fresh air. The first breath of spring had finally set on the ruined landscape, it looked different from when they had last seen it. It seemed more... Awake, brighter but Finn felt like something was off, was it his crown? Was it just that he wasn't used to the sweet warm air? He didn't know.

"Amber does anything seem a little, off to you?" Finn asked.

"I don't feel anything weird." Amber replied

"I don't know something seems weird I guess its nothing"

"I think we should explore more, I'm tired of this old store." She said.

They both packed their things up and grabbed as much food as they could grab.

They set off west towards the forest. They had childish thoughts of building a tree house and living with the birds (if there still were birds) and live off of fruit. They seemed more alive than they were during that long winter.

"You know Finn, your nose would be a perfect beak" Amber joked poking his nose.

"Hey!" Finn laughed as he swatted away her hand.

They came to a clearing and dropped their bags with a thud. Finn and Amber set up the camp, basically sleeping bags and gathered some wood for a fire.

They gathered fruit to eat because they really needed something different to eat.

For some reason Finn was sweating a lot he he didn't feel well.

"Hey Amber is it just me or its incredibly hot?" Finn asked sweating bullets.

"I don't feel hot, but Finn you don't look so good you should sit down I'll get the rest of the firewood" Amber said

Finn plopped himself on the floor and pulled off his hat showing off his bleach blonde hair.

"Um WOW" Amber said

"What?" Finn said as he tied up his hair using his hat.

"yOuR hAiR" Amber said in amazement.

"What are you talking about its a mess"

"But its really nice." She said still looking at his hair now up in a ponytail.

"Um gosh enough about your hair let me get you some water to drink, you look dizzy."

"Yeah my head hurts" he said squinting hard.

Down a large hill past a broken down wall Amber found a pond. She carefully made her way down because the hill was quite steep. she grabbed some water in a container from her pack and then walked up the hill.

"Hey Finn I got some water"

Finn had made himself a bed of snow to lie on so he would cool down.

"Thanks Amber" he said

"We just have to boil it so it's clean" she said as she started to light the fire. She hung the container over the fire.

Soon, the water was nice and filtered and they were both chugging down water.

Night finally came and the cool breeze put finn at ease. Amber kinda just did her own thing letting finn relax for a while. She went for a little walk, see if she could find any fruit maybe even look at animals if there was any. She found a few things on the ground a pencil, tons of trash that's been discarded for months. When she came back to the camp she went to sleep.

****

In the middle of the night Finn heard a noise. It sounded like a groan? He woke up startled.

"What's that noise!" He stood up and put on his hat.

He heard another groan that sounded closer this time.

"Amber!" He said as he shook her awake.

"What" she said as she rubbed her eyes.

Then they heard multiple groans. There was a glowing green behind the trees as zombie like creatures full of holes with a green substance oozing out of each hole came out from the shadows. They were coming from all sides ready to attack. Amber grabbed a dagger out of her sleeping bag while Finn rushed to put his crown on. Amber ran up to a small group of them and kicked two at once while stabbing one in its center. Finn shot ice at another four monsters. But they just kept coming. Amber punched several in the 'face' while finn continued to freeze them. He magically made two swords of ice.

"Woah." He said not knowing that he could even do that.

"No time for being amazed finn! Throw me the sword!" Amber yelled.

"OK!" He said and threw the icy blade to her.

She caught it and quickly sliced a row of zombies. But they just kept coming and coming there seemed to be hundreds of them.

"Amber I'm gonna have to try something big! We can't hold them off forever!" Finn said.

"Its too dangerous!" Amber yelled.

"I have to!"

"No!"

"Amber run." He said as the monsters were coming closer.

"I-"

"AMBER TAKE RUN!" He screamed

She grabbed her jacket and ran as fast as she could fending off the zombies with her dagger and sword as she ran.

Finn dug down deep. Mustered all the strength he could then let out a huge blow of wind and snow. It took the same form the bomb explosion did finn stared at it in fear suddenly remembering the explosion. He could barely see anything but all he knew was that he had to run. He ran and ran in one direction not knowing where he was going. Suddenly he felt a dip and tripped over.