Chapter 7

Chapter 7

For the rest of the day Finn and Amber talked and sang songs. Showed her how to draw while Amber told him stories from when she was little, deep down she missed her parents, her father went on some "top secret" business trip out of town. Her dad would travel a lot bringing her little things from distant lands, foods, clothes, figurines, and the most beautiful things you could think of. But since the explosion, he never came back. Then she told him about her mother. To Amber, her mom was the most important person in her life. Her mother would help her with any troubles she had. She would comfort her when she had nightmares, she would make her happy when she was sad. But now she was gone they had gotten separated during gave her a tight hug. Amber embraced him back. Finn didn't let go for a while, this was the best hug he could remember it was one he never wanted to forget. Amber smiled and let go of him, she gave him a small kiss on the cheek. He blushed a little, snow started to sprinkle above their heads.

"Oh I'm so-" Finn began sort of flustered

"No no it's OK" she said.

He looked into her chestnut brown eyes, he never noticed how they beautifully contrasted his bright blue eyes. He reached in for a kiss as the indoor snow fell harder she came closer and pressed her lips against his gently as his arms wrapped around her. Finn felt the rough yet soft skin of her arms as he tilted his head as his nose kinda rubbed against her cheek . He had thia feeling in his stomach he couldn't begin to describe. Amber felt the cold yet comforting sensation of his arm. He ran his fingers through his hair. They let go and looked into each other's eyes.

"Well..." Amber said trailing off.

"Um" Finn said as the snow was still falling over them but slightly slowed.

"That was..."

"Nice" amber said

Finn took off the crown as his cheeks turned bright blue because he knew it would start a blizzard inside the building if he were to keep it on.

"Well, our second ever kiss... That was different." Finn said still a little blue-faced.

"Yeah." Amber replied.

Amber let out an uneasy laugh.

She never experienced anything like that before

It was just great.

*****

Finn's stomach grumbled.

"Gosh I'm hungry" he said

"Sit down Sir., what would you like on this fine evening?" She joked breaking the awkwardness.

Finn sat down on the store counter

"I would like your finest cuisine you have miss." Finn laughed.

"Your dish will be here momentarily" she said in the fanciest voice she could muster without bursting out laughing.

She dug through the back storage room of the store and found vacuum packed candy and pb & j ingredients which were surprisingly still in good condition. She made the sandwich and wrapped it in a napkin, she took the sandwich and candy and placed it down on the counter as "fancy" as she could.

"Here is your meal sir, our finest cuisine" she made a goofy smile.

He devoured the sandwich while amber made herself one. They both shared the candy, which was a bit hard but they ate it anyways.

The rest of the day they didn't do much because they couldn't really do anything trapped inside.

The days went on like that, just Finn and Amber talking telling jokes drawing, Finn slept most of the day. He didn't know why but he just felt constantly tired. Amber kinda just did her own thing but got bored and wanted to talk to Finn. She kinda had the funny idea that Finn was trying to "hibernate" she tried to let him sleep as much as he needed.

*****

Meanwhile there was another species out there hibernating, and reproducing , and growing. But the two teens didn't know about it yet...