Chapter Six

Chris's POV

I woke up to the sound of nurses talking just outside my room. It sounded like they were yelling, but I couldn't see that well.

It was my brother. I've haven't seen him in a few years. I slowly started to get up. As soon as I tried to stand up, I had this raging sharp pain in my side.

I yelled hunched over in pain. I heard the door bust open and a few people rush in. Someone helped me to sit back down. I realized that person was Michael.

"What are you doing here Michael?" I asked.

"Well, I heard you got hurt and came to see if you were ok." He replied as he sat down next to me.

"But why? Why come back now?"

"Chris, I care about you I really do. But I just needed a break from all of this."

"All of this! You were gone for 2 whole years, not even a call or text and you expect me to just let you back in my life!" I started to yell and a few tears escaped my eyes.

"I never ment to hurt you." He put his hand over mine.

"Well you did Michael, you hurt me bad!" I replied moving my hand away from his. "Go. Just go, I don't want you here anymore."

"At least I came back!" He said getting up.

"But where were you in the last 2 years that I needed you? Now, I don't need you I got Nick to make me feel better, not you." I said. "Please, just leave."

"I'll be back, weather you like it or not Chris, I'll be back." He said then left.

I can't believe he just shows up after 2 years and pretend that nothing has happened. I've needed him a lot in the past 2 years and he wasn't there for me and now he is. All this didn't Make any sense to me right now.

I managed to get my phone and called Nick. The one person who I could trust right now.

"Hey. Can you come over to the hospital, I'm feeling a little lonely?" I asked. I really wanted Nick here. He seemed like the only person who has managed to make me happy in the last few days.

"Sure, I'll be right there. Do you want me to bring you anything?"

"Um no I think I'm good. Just yourself." I Slightly chuckled as I hung up.

A half an hour later, Nick showed up.

"Hey man, how you feeling?" He asked pulling a chair up next to my bed.

"I'm alright. There's nothing to do here all day." I said.

"Well now you have me here." Nick said proudly

"Yes I do now come here." I said patting the empty spot on the bed next to me. He slowly started to walk towards me. He stopped at the edge of the bed.

"Are you sure Chris?"

"Ya I'm sure, now come on. It'll be fun."

"ok." he said and layed down next to me.

Nick 's POV

After I layed down on the bed, things started to get awkward. silent awkwardness.

"so, when are you getting out?" I asked trying to break that silence.

"I think they said I would be going home tomorrow. They just need to do another check over tonight."

"Sounds good to me."

"So what do you want to do to pass time?" Chris asked curiously.

"How about truth or dare?" I said with excitement. I think it would be fun to see what he comes up with.

Chris's POV

"Sure, why not. Truth or dare?" I said happily.

"Truth"

"Ah playing it safe there." I laughed. "Am I the only one who knows your gay?"

"Yes and I plan on keeping it that was for a while." He said, his face turning serious. "Truth or dare."

"Dare." I said feeling pretty confident.

"I dare you to kiss me."

WHAT! Kiss him!? I knew he was gay but not for me. I can't believe this. A million thoughts ran through my mind. Without thinking properly, I closed my eyes and slowly leaned in.

As soon as our lips touched each other, I felt sparks. I continued to kiss him passionately for a few more seconds. We slowly pulled apart. I gently put my fingers to my mouth still feeling the spark between us.

"Did you feel that?" Nick asked touching his lips the same as I did.

"Ya." I said kind of questionable. I didn't know what happened between us, I've never felt feelings towards Nick, but apparently he had feelings towards me.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes until the nurse came in.

"Chris, your all ready to go home." She said as she marked some things on her clipboard.

"I thought I didn't go home until tomorrow." I asked wondering why the had changed the plan.

"Originally we.thought that, but you've improved so much there was no need for you to stay one more night." She explained at the door.

"Well thank you." I said sitting up.

"No problem, have a nice day." And with that, we both left.