MUMMY'S HERE (Chp 7)

"HARRY!" We shouted as quietly as we could without drawing any more attention to ourselves. He was still cackling. It was maybe 10 degrees outside, but it looked like Harry was sweating from laughing so hard. For the first time ever in my life, I really wanted to slap a certain member of One Direction. Yeah, the curly haired one.

"Harry," I cooed sweetly. He looked up, still laughing his heart out. "Harry, darling, what are you doing here?"

The curly haired boy in front of me was still laughing instead of answering me, so I DASHED AT THAT LITTLE SHIT WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT!!!!

I tackled him to the grass with the facial expression of a devil as Zayn laughed and cheered me on. Pulling on a handful of his dark curls, I yelled, "WHY AREN'T YOU LAUGHING NOW? HUH?" He responded with a whimper and I continued to yank on his curls until I was satisfied.

I had forgotten that I didn't want to bring any attention to myself. My eyes searched the area and met the gazes of some other pedestrians that were on the pathway. Someone's kid dropped their toy, a couple of joggers let their jaws drop as they passed by, and a few more started moving a little bit faster than before. My face grew red with embarrassment.

Zayn was gasping for air as he pointed at Harry, who was, at the moment, laying in the freezing cold grass with a fearful expression. Once he had gathered his breath, he began laughing again.

"'Bout time someone kicked your ass!" Zayn cackled.

I had gathered enough of my wits to give a witty remark. "No jokes Harry? What's wrong with you? Didn't expect a girl to be that strong?"

"Nah, just didn't expect that I would be jumped like that," he replied after a few seconds of silence.

Zayn howled in laughter.

Harry was on his feet again, still wiping grass off his bum. "So what are you doing here, anyway?" Zayn asked the green eyed boy.

Harry shook his head, as if he was expecting grass to fall out of his curls... and some did... "I was here to tell you that your mum was in town. She just flew in today a few hours ago."

The tan man next to me began hopping around like a little boy on Christmas morning with a cute-stupid smile on his face. "MUMMY?" He hit a brand new high note. It just about shattered my ears. "MUMMY IS H--," Zayn came back to his senses, realizing that I was still here... a girl.... that he had just kissed.... who he was on a date with.... yep, still here... Harry broke out in hysterics. Zayn bashfully defended himself, "Hey, mate. It's my mum. I haven't seen her in months."

To change the subject at hand, I asked Harry the question that had been itching at me for the last few minutes. "Harry," I began, which caught his attention. "Why were you laughing?" 

Harry magically made dimples appear at the corners of his mouth and replied, "You two were kissing, and it hasn't even been a week since you two have been dating."

My eyes just about popped out of their sockets. It was true.

"Whoa," Zayn commented. "He's right."

My thoughts somehow formed into words as I tried to explain myself. "I'm not usually like this... blah blah blah... Normally I don't kiss the guy until, like, a month into the relationship... blah blah blah... I don't know what... blah blah blah... crazy.... blah blah blah...,"

To stop my chattering, Zayn rested his warm hand gently on my shoulder. "It's alright, love."

After a few minutes of chatter and nonsense, Harry left us. He pulled up the hoodie on his navy blue jacket and pulled his black cotton scarf tighter around his neck, so no one would recognize him. Most of the people in in immediate area were in their late 20s and 30s, with a few of the elderly scattered around.

Zayn seemed to stand up straighter than before. I wasn't that sure why he felt the need to do so; I wasn't judging his posture or anything.

We had started walking again. He had laced his fingers through mine, once again, and led the way around the massive oak that was in front of us. Since he seemed too focused on the hike around the tree and a few bushes and whatnot, I decided to take in his features.

He was handsome, no doubt about that. His hair was dark and erect, soft flowing and smooth, ready for a pair of hands to run their fingers through every strand. Even though he was wearing a thick coat, you could tell he was physically fit; the way the fabrics hugged his body made him seem lean and muscular. His hands, oh his hands... they were strong and soft. I squeezed his right hand for assurance as he helped me around another bush of some kind. He shot me a flirtatious smile. His smile... it was about as perfect as a smile could get. The cold seemed to be getting to his tan face; his cheeks and nose were turning rosy red. I noticed his scarf dangling restlessly around his shoulders, serving no purpose to him in any way. Almost motherly, I stopped our stroll and wrapped the scarf around his neck, bopping him on the nose with a giggle as I finished my masterpiece. He let out a heavenly laugh and started leading the way again. He was funny. The way he was trudging around the trees and bushes reminded me of a child playing soldier with his friends. It was cute.

"Hey Kiana," Zayn interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Do you know the song sweater weather?" He asked cautiously.

"All I am is a man

I want the world in my hands

I hate the beach

But I stand in California with my toes in the sand

Use the sleeves off my sweater

Lets have an adventure

Heads in the clouds but my gravity's centered

Touch my neck and I'll touch yours

You in those little high wasted shorts..." I sang high pitched and smoothly. I hoped to God that he wasn't judging my singing abilities....

Soon enough he tuned in with my voice, harmonizing perfectly. "She knows what I think about

And what I think about

One love, two mouths

One love, one house

No shirts, no blouse

Just us, you find out

Nothing that I really wanna tell you about no

Cause it's too cold whoa

For you here

And now

So let me hold whoa

Both your hands in the holes of my sweater..."

We finished the song, starting another, and another, and another... Just like the night of the bar when we were both drunk, taking swigs of tequila between songs, but now, we weren't drunk from shots and tequila... we were drunk from each other.

**********************

Short!! I know!!! I'm sorry!!! I just had to get something out there!

Hope you enjoyed it anywayyyyyyy :D

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE :D