Chapter 5: The Path is Mine

We soon arrived at the area Nohr was trying to invade, and I saw Xander.
"Kai! You're alive! You're not hurt, are you?"
I shook my head. "No, I'm fine, Xander. But...why are you invading Hoshido?!"
He sighed. "Father said it's time for us to end this. If we can conquer Hoshido, we can end this war now without bloodshed.
I sighed. "I...Xander, I need a minute."
Ryoma then spoke up. "Kai! That mah is a Nohrian commander!"
I glanced at him. "Ryoma..."

Camilla, Elise and Leo then came onto the battlefield.
"Kai! I was so worried about you. Don't let this happen ever again!" Camilla said in an affectionate tone.
Leo slightly chuckled. "Kai, I swear, you have the devil's own luck!"
Elise giggled. "Yay! We found Kai!"
Hinoka then growled. "First you kidnap Kai, bow you lie to her?! Kai is my sister, not yours!"
Camilla chuckled. "You are mistaken. Kai is my sweet little sister. You can't have her."
Ryoma growled, slightly gripping Raijinto. "Don't be fooled, Kai! You belong with us in Hoshido!"
Xander sighed. "We have loved you and raised you since you were a child. Come home, little princess! We can be a family again!"
Ryoma shook his head. "Kai! Come to Hoshido!"
"No! Nohr is your true home, Kai!"

I then found myself between my two families. I looked over at Ryoma.
"Kai, this way!" he said as he held his hand out.
Sakura was clutching her staff. "B-big sister?"

I then turned my attention to my Nohrian family.
Elise spoke up. "No! Kai's my sister!"
Xander also held his hand out. "We're your family."

I looked between the two. This was a seemingly impossible choice.
Who was I to side with? My birth family, or the family that raised me?
I was lost in thoughts for a few minutes.
Do I go and help the people who killed Mother?
Or do I help my blood siblings avenge Mother, who was killed by the Nohrians?
Then I realized I had a third option. I could refuse to chose a side. Try to bring my families together.
It was worth a shot.