Chapter 13: Accident

(A/N: Heyo. I hope this is one of the only Author's Notes I have to do. Just a heads up, there's blood in this chapter. ....you've been warned!)

When we got back to the Astral Planes, I quickly made my guard duty rounds, collecting materials and such, as I couldn't wait for my practice with Takumi.

It took me a few minutes to find him, but when I did, he was by the Dawn Armory.
He slightly smiled as I walked over to him. "Took ya long enough. Anyways, first thing that we need to do is grab you a bow."
I nodded. "Right. I guess that is kinda important, as only you are able to wield the Fujin Yumi. I don't know why I forgot about that."
He slightly chuckled. "I don't know, but it's okay. Anyways, let's go."
With a nod, we went in and I bought myself a pretty cheap bow.

I drew back the string of the bow, aiming at the target that was about ten yards in front of me.
Takumi, who was standing to my right, sighed. "Bend your knees three degrees more! Lower your aim five degrees!"
With the slightest of grunts, I did so, and closed my left eye, getting my aim straight. Once I was ready, I let my arrow fly.
I soon felt a searing pain in my right hand that brought me to my knees. I quickly looked at it, and there was a pretty deep gash, and blood was pouring from it.
My hand must've slipped as I shot the arrow, and the arrowhead must've dug in the gash.
I grabbed my bleeding hand, hoping that it would help, but it didn't.
I then felt Takumi place a hand on my shoulder. "Kai? Can you hear me?" he asked, clearly concerned.
I weakly nodded, trying my best not to pass out. At this point, my hand was covered in blood, and it was slowly trickling down my hand. "....y-yeah...g-gods...it hurts so bad..."
I couldn't really tell what Takumi was doing, but I could hear the audible rip of...something. Then I realized that he was probably ripping off some section of his clothes. He then gently took my right arm, and wrapped the ripped portion of his clothes around it, and then ripped off a bit more, and made a makeshift sling, and put my right arm into it.
He then slowly helped me up, and propped me against himself. "Hey, you're going to be okay, you hear me?"
Before I could respond, I saw Kaze appear in front of ua. "Lady Kai. There's a small- L-Lady Kai! Lord Takumi! Wh-what happened to Lady Kai?!"
Takumi sighed, slightly tightening his grip on me. "She had an accident during our training session. Go and get Sakura."
With a nods, Kaze disappeared, and went to go get Sakura.
At that point, I couldn't take the blood loss anymore, and passed out.

When I came to, I was in the nursery wing, and Sakura was tending to my wounds.
She slightly gasped when she realized I was awake. "B-big sister! Takumi! K-Kai is awake!"
I slowly sat up, and my right hand was no longer bleeding, but it was heavily bandaged, and still in pain.
Takumi then came over to the bed I was in. "Kai, thank the gods you're okay. I got really worried when you passed out."
I smiled. "Thanks for being concerned, Takumi. Um, how long was I out?"
He sighed. "...about five hours. There's a boat that's leaving for Cheve tomorrow morning. I was briefly talking to Kagero and Saizo, and we plan to leave early tomorrow morning to head for Dia, where the port is."
I nodded. "I see. Well, I hope I'll be able to tag along...I wouldn't want you guys to have to go without me..."
Sakura then spoke up. "U-um...you should b-be fine, sister...the only this i-is that I would advise for you to avoid getting into an actual fight. You don't want to reopen the wound..."
I nodded in agreement. "That makes perfect sense, Sakura. I guess I'll head back to my room with Takumi's help."
With a nod and smile, he did just that.