Chapter IV - A Cold Shoulder

"(Y/N), breakfast is ready!" Shouted my mom as The aroma of eggs and bacon entered my room.

"Coming!" I replied with my rough, morning voice. I stood up and marched to the bathroom. After changing into practice clothes, I headed downstairs and ate breakfast. The weather forecast said that there's a 75% chance of rain today, but because of my stupid brain, I went to the rink without an umbrella.

"Ahhh, If only I could go ba-"

Out of nowhere a guy bumped into me while I was fixing my gym bag and murmuring to myself. I tripped as the guy fell over me.

"What the hell, you piece of shit!" I screamed with anger. When I looked back I saw Yuri who was sitting down and looking outside the door.

"Y-Yuri? What are you doing?"

"Crap" he said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the other side of the counter, where the skates are being kept. He crouched as if he was hiding from someone. I was gonna talk but he suddenly grabbed my collar and pulled me down closer to him. We were so close to each other that I turned fuming hot.

"AHHH, YUURIIII!!!" Said some voices outside. I peeked out and some girls wearing cat headbands rammed into the door and started sniffing the benches and floors.

"What the hell is wrong with them?" I whispered to Yuri.

"They're fangirls. I didn't even know I had fans here in Japan." He sighed. I looked back at the girls who were sniffing and searching the whole place.

"They sure are dedicated." I whispered with a giggle.

"Maybe he ran out the back door." Said the first girl.

"Let's go, then!" Said the girl with freckles.

Yuri then sat back down and let out a sigh. After a minute or two we went back over the counter and saw Yuuri and Victor who were looking at us with a most confused faces.

"Uhm, What in the world were you guys doing there?" Yuuri said with a sarcastic laugh.

"Spying on you two." Yuri said as he walked casually to the rink. "Ehhh?" Said Yuuri as he followed Yuri and dumped a crapload of questions onto him.

Victor and I were left behind just looking at each other awkwardly.

"Hehe, We should go too." I said. He nodded with an awkward smile and we both headed to the rink where Yuri was now clawing Yuuri's face.

Victor had to polish two of the Yuri's free skates first, so I was at the other half of the rink trying to land a few jumps that I have a hard time with. After the few hours of practicing, Victor called me over for a break.

As the two Yuri's were practicing the spins, Victor and I were sitting awkwardly at the rink side.

"Sorry about yesterday, (Y/N). It just came out." Victor said as he was tapping his water bottle on the barrier.

"Don't apologize. In fact, because you said that, I'm even more determined to skate again! I'm gonna have a comeback and destroy those other skaters!" I said as Stood up and looked at him eagerly.

Victor smiled and walked close to me. He patted my head with a laugh.

After half an hour or so we headed back to the rink. Victor taught me how to land more quads with my stamina, and showed me the proper executions for the step sequences.

"Hmm, you seem to be getting better." Said Victor with a smile.

"Th-Thanks. I usually screw up my jumps when I'm overthinking about something." I replied.