Chapter V - A Day to Spare

I arrived at Yuuri's house with some medicine and the ramen, hoping it was still hot.

I rang the doorbell and waited for a reply. After a few minutes, Yuuri's mother opened the door.

"Good morning, Hiroko-san!" I greeted.

"(Y/N)-chan? Why are you here? Oh! If you're wondering Victor and Yuuri already went to the rink."

"Oh, that's not it. I wondered if I could stay for awhile, cause I heard that Yuri's got a cold." I asked.

"Oh, yes, Yuri. He caught a fever too because of that. Mari's taking care of him now. Come in." She replied.

I stepped in and took my shoes off, and went to Yuri's room. Hiroko-san had some tea sent to the room for me since she insisted on it.

I entered the room and saw Yuri on the bed, he was wrapped in layers of blankets and looked very red. Mari-san was beside him and was checking his temperature.

"Good Morning, Mari-san!" I said as I put the ramen on the table.

"Oh, (Y/N)-san! Ohayo. Are you here to visit Yuri? His temperature's gone up quite a bit."

"Well, I can take care of him for now, Mari-san. You can go ahead and rest a bit. I brought some medicine too, so there's no need to buy any." I replied with a smile. As soon as Mari-san left I dropped my gym bag and went towards Yuri. I sat on his bedside and Yuri woke up and pulled his head up to sit down.

"What are you doing here?" Yuri asked with his voice sounding a little bit rough. I placed my hand on his forehead and he was very hot. I sighed and took some medicine out of the bag.

"You're just crashing into someone's place, and now you're having other people take care of you? Whew, how irresponsible." I laughed.

"Shut up, it's your fault I got sick anyway." He said as he lied back down.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I laughed awkwardly.

After he took some medicine I let him go back to sleep and left the room. A few hours later I checked back on him and when I opened the door I caught a glimpse on Yuri standing up, so I barged in to nag at him again.

"Yuri! Go back to-" Before I finished my sentence, I realized that Yuri was shirtless. He turned to me and glared at me as if I just opened his cellphone without his permission.

"Wh-what are you doing?!" I stuttered.

"I'm changing, Sherlock. Now get out." He answered back. Yuri was probably in a bad mood because of his cold, or because of the fact that I'm currently taking care of him. I went back out to go the the convenience store to buy some porridge or something for Yuri to eat, since the ramen has gone cold and he said he didn't want it.

As I entered the store I looked for porridge. A few minutes later a group of girls entered holding cellphones and looking as if they're searching for something.

I approached them, since they looked like foreigners who probably got lost.

"A-Are you in need of something?" I said in a nervous tone.

"Hey, look at her!" Said the girl with cat ears with what seemed to be a russian accent as she shouldered the girl beside her.

"Oh, shit." I whispered to myself as it came to be that they were probably Yuri's fangirls.

I backed away slowly but one of them grabbed my hand and stared at me with menacing eyes.

"You're that girl aren't you? The one Yuri kissed?" She said in a serious and cold voice.

"U-Uh..." I tried to free myself from her grip, turning my head away from their stares.

So this is the power of fangirls.

The cashier didn't see us since she was covered by one of the stalls. The girls took that chance and ganged up on me. I wiggled my arm free but they all circled around me, trapping me inside.

"Who are you?"
"Do you want Yuri for the sake of fame?"
"What flavor of Ice cream does Yuri like?"

They all asked in chorus, sounding like psychopaths. A few moments later a hand grabbed me and pulled me out of the group of infatuated girls. I peeked at the mysterious savior and saw it was Yuri, wearing layers and layers of jackets.

We ran and ran until we arrived home. He slammed the door close, and took some of his jackets off.

"Y-Yuri... Geez, thanks. But... how? I panted.

"I heard that you were dropping by the store, and some of my fangirls have been scouting this house lately. It's even causing problems for Yuuri's mother and stuff." He sighed as he pulled his mask down.

I sighed in relief as I touched Yuri's forehead, it was still very hot. I looked for some medicine, but out of nowhere, Yuri shoved my hand away from his face and pulled me in his arms. He buried his head inward and hugged me very tightly. I turned red as I tried pushing him away.

"Y-Yuri?!" I whispered. Yuri didn't reply.

"Y-Yuri, are you getting hallucinations?" I laughed awkwardly.

"S-so... warm." He whispered as he held on to me even more.

"Yuri?" I replied.

"...Don't let... go." I heard him whisper.

We stayed that way for about 1 minutes. Then suddenly, Yuri raised his head and looked around looking confused.

"W-What did I do?"

"Oh, so you were half asleep that time. That's what you get for wasting your energy saving me." I laughed.

"Save? W-wait, more importantly... What did I do just now?"

"You... hugged me... for about a minute." I blushed.

Yuri turned red as he titled his head away and wrap himself in his blanket. I laughed and handed him some medicine.

"Take this alright? Looks like your cold has gotten a bit better because of that hug. Haha. I'm heading home now, so take care of yourself. It's getting a bit late too." I said with a smile as I headed out. Before the door closed, I heard Yuri say something.

"Th-Thanks." He stuttered.

I looked back at him and smiled very widely, his faced changed and he calmly smiled back at me.

As I headed out of the gate I bumped into Victor and Yuuri, who looked beat. Probably practicing their asses off for the free skate.

"Oh, I can totally explain, you see. I just passed by, because I heard that ramen wanted some Yuri, and you know? Uhm-"

"Relax, (Y/N). You were already obvious at the rink. No need to explain, we understand." Yuuri replied with a laugh.

My nervous frown turned into a smile.

"Th-Thank you! For letting me have the day off!" I said as I lowered my head. The two smiled back as they passed by me. Victor then patted my head and said,

"Thanks for taking care of that idiot, (Y/N)."