Chapter VIII - Faults

[ Reader's POV ]

In just a few hours I'm gonna be back on the ice again. I'm gonna compete again. But for some reason I don't feel anxious. I don't feel nervous or excited either. I just feel... nothing. Have I become this dense ever since that day? Idiot.

I heard a knock on the door, and without flinching I walked to the door like a lifeless being.

"(Y/N)?" Said Victor as I opened the door.

"Victor... I'm gonna do well later!" I said as I forced my mouth into a smile and acted as if I was back to my cheerful self.

"He misses you. And he's saying he wants to apologize." Victor said with a worried look on his face.

"I know. Apologize how though? After what he said? And no matter how hard I try to hate him, I just end up liking him even more. Something's wrong with me."

"I hope you guys are gonna get along again. For the sake of your hearts and your performance." He said with a calm smile as he patted my head.

Why can't that jerk be more like Victor and Yuuri? That asshole. Victor told me to prepare because we were gonna leave in about an hour.

As I exited my room carrying my gym bag and heading towards the elevator, I bumped into some guy I didn't know.

"Who are you? Are you a figure skater? Say, you look really pretty. Wanna go skating in my room?" Said the guy as he walked towards me. Suddenly Yuri appeared and he kicked the guy's stomach.

"Listen, bastard. Don't do anything to her. Unless you want me- Victor clobbering you." He taunted.

The guy stood up and walked away looking pissed. I lowered my head as Yuri walked back to the direction opposite to mine.

"Good Luck, (Y/N)." He said in a cracked voice. I looked back and walked back to his room. I guess he isn't gonna watch me because He might distract me. What annoys me about him is that no matter how mean he is he still cares for you.  It's adorable but it pisses me off too.

I went to Victor and Yuuri who were waiting for me at the lobby. They waved at me and I gave them a smile in reply.

We arrived at the venue and a lot of female skaters were there, obviously. A lot of them stared at me and eyed me from head to toe. If Yuri were here I usually wouldn't care. But now I'm feeling really insecure and shy.

"You're gonna do great, (Y/N)! For sure!"

"You can do it!"

I nodded my head and started stretching and warming up since the first skater was about to start. A few minutes later, It was my turn on the ice. I skated to the middle of the rink. I didn't feel anything. I felt... nothing.

The music started and so did I. I moved my body and skated as gracefully as I could. I tried but I knew I was skating stiffly. It was time for my first jump. Using my speed and momentum I qui-

He regretted it all.

Out of nowhere I landed on the ice butt first but tried pulling myself back up. I continued skating but I can't seem to perform that way I did during practice.

He ended it

He apologized for it

He didn't want it

Without realizing, the music ended and I was at the middle of the rink, posing and panting. It was silent for awhile. I looked at Victor who looked like he was giving me a forced smile, and Yuuri who looked proud no matter what the outcome would be. The audience started clapping and I skated back to Victor and Yuuri.