Chapter II: The Mistery Island

"...Ow. Wha...?"

I had no idea what happened to me or where I was, clearly since I got knocked out by a wood barrel...
A WOOD BARREL- ! Let's move on. After I got my vision back I noticed I reached land. Walking around for a while made me realise I was in an island.

"But what island?", I thought to myself.
"Well. Guess it's a good thing I'm at least alive! Too bad I don't have my tools to at least know where exactly I am, but judging from the wind and my luck of not being eaten by Kraken, I should be on one of the islands of the Caribbeans. Great! Now I just need to find civilization! Is it weird for me to speak out loud in the middle of nowhere... Nah! I do it everytime anyway!"

After scanning the surroundings, it seemed I was getting nowhere. I found a cave which I was about to explore but since it was getting dark already, I decided to call it a day.

"Good thing I took some food along the way. I'm starving!"

Under the biggest tree I could find, I set a hut, a fireplace where I cooked a couple of birds, better than nothing you might say. After I finished the meal, I sat down and relaxed while reading "Contact" by Carl Sagan. A good friend of mine recommended me this book, yet I never seemed to get over Chapter 1! What can I say though? I'm a busy man. So it's good to have a moment like this once in a while.

"Hm...Chapter 1: Transcendal Numbers."

Little fly,
Thy summer's play
My toughtless hand
Has brushed away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink and sing,
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

"William Blake, "The Fly". That's a nice way to start your book! Adding quotes from someone else's work! I'm in for a treat!"

So I sat there and read a couple of pages. Being old I was carefully moving to the next page, making sure to not break one. The story was getting interesting as I was getting deeper into it's lore. I won't give anything but let's say that if you love science fiction books and want to try something new, try this one.

I hoped such a moment could last for a while. But with like every superhero "There ain't time for that!". The loud crack of a branch could be heard. I quickly stood up on defence stance, ready for battle. The moment was intense. My blood was boiling through my veins. My sweat was dropping down on my face. I could spot with my hawk eyes a pair of bushes moving left and right at a rapid state. And...!

...I get knocked over by a rock...

....................................... HERO OF THE DAY, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Hero of the day! Get's knocked by a wood barrel and now a rock. Aren't you excited to say where this is going!? What's next? A tree? An army of penguins? GOD?

"Hello there. Are you all right?"

"Um...What? Who are you?"

"I don't have a birth name, stranger. I don't have anything by that kind."

"Seriously? No title? Nickname? Name only your closest people call when you're at your most embarrassing moment? Anything!?"

"Is it important?"

"Well I don't know. What do you think? And for that matter, why are you here? Have you got stranded by pirates too? And why are you dressed like a tiki weirdo? Wait. Don't tell me we are in Hawaii!"

"You speak in a unusual manner, stranger. And looking at your clothing, you don't seem to be from here. Where do you come from?"

"It's complicated. Even if I told you, a primitive like you would not understand."

"From another planet perhaps?"

"...! How do you know that?"

"Ha Ha Ha. I know many things which the mere human cannot grasp. Such knowledge as astronomy and witchcraft are my... speciality."

All right. Now he got my attention! And he knows witchcraft too? How is that even possible? A human cannot use this kind of power yet! Unless...

"Who are you really?"

"You will soon find out, my friend. For now let us join my people. I've been gone for long enough and their fear might become great!"

"So there's a village in this island? Is it by any chance hidden in the cave I stumbled upon?"

"Your guess is right! Come."

I don't know what this guy's true intentions are but if I want to get closer to my mission, I'll have to obey. I mean I have a little girl to save! And my senses tell me this "witch" has something to do with it.

While we were getting deeper into the cave, I felt a strange sensation, like some force was trying to make itself known. The witch didn't budge however. He didn't tremble a bit. We soon reached a dead end. Without realising a wall raised behind me, making the only way back impassable.

"Great! Now we are stuck! What are going to do?"

"Watch."

He started waving his hands around, murmuring some words I couldn't understand. His voice tone was low too so it was understandable but I was able to make out some words.

"Ajkalyn... Geguclin... Ryopta Aruq..."

These three words, I heard them before, but where?

"Zizriun... Paikalembo... Hertegon..."

From the Aztecs? No. The Grizakx? They only speak in rhyme. Good rhyme, if I may add.

"Joklu... Baikallean... Liptovitz..."

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THOSE BLOODY WORDS!?

"XAIAX!!!"

With his last breath he shouted this word. Over and over and over and over and over again. I began to think this guy was more of a lunatic than anything. Then suddenly the ground started to shake violently and the dead end changed into a entrance.

The entrance to the secret village of the Carribeans...