Chapter IV : The Long Sought Reunion

"Well. If it isn't my brother who I am seeing!", said Rim not too surprised. "Always present when trouble comes by, yet it looks like for the first time I had to save you!" It is true. Me and Rim have been through a lot of adventures before and every time she got kidnapped or at the verge of death, I had to save her. So I guess this is her way to thank me for exactly that. But what am I talking about? I've got too many questions in such a short time, it's overwhelming! How did Rim get here? Why is she here? What's she doing with an army of pirates!? And most importantly, where did she get that Sonic Screwdriver?

Anyway... As you remember from the last page of the previous chapter, Rim is my sister. Now I won't go into too much detail about her since I have tons of chapters to write and not enough time, so I will give you a short brief. Rim is an alien from Planet Kairoux, constellation of Galaxium, about 980 560 light years from here. Since her childhood she proved to have an extraordinary intellect, beating the best from her school. Her first joke All was well until a strange anomaly almost destroyed the whole planet. Having survived the chaos, together with a group of children tried to live this new style of life, becoming thugs and a danger for the other survivors. Soon I arrived on the desolated planet where I discovered nothing more than an endless fight for peace and harmony, even in those dark times that hit them unexpectedly. The look of the land can be described best as the one from the "Mad Max" movies, but worse. I could barely breathe because of the toxic air that flew around. It didn't take long until I stumbled upon a couple of people... ready to be pummelled to death by no other than Rim herself. Lucky I was there to stop her. And compared to what she became later in terms of behaviour, first time we met, she was a downright criminal. But I cannot blame her. I would have done the same if I was in her situation...

Anyway. I immediately stopped her and took her with me as I was exploring the planet. After a series of events I got to meet with her 'family'. Their leader, and Rim's best friend, did not like me very much and there have been instances where he tried to knife me down. Soon I decided I couldn't accept it and fought them on, but I got outnumbered quickly. Before they could get a chance to kill me, the planet's core started to go haywire! I managed to get every single survivor I could find into my ship, except for the leader who refused to embark because of me. Talk about first impression hate. I know it's too late now, but Zaix, if you hear me, I don't hate you...

"What are you doing?", said Rim looking concerned. "Did you pass out down there?" You could say that since it's been so long since the two of us met. I can't even remember where I left her last time, neither if I said goodbye or not. All of those last memories with her are just... gone.

"Huh? Nothing. I.. I..."

"Are you going to just let me stand here with my arms stretched?", said Rim waiting for that long sought hug. "Of course not! A knight never leaves her lady waiting! Or was that the medieval time...? Meh, I don't care. RIM!", I shouted while hugging Rim.

"That's more like it", spoke Rim in a relieved manner. "It's been a while, hasn't it brother?" About 2000 years. Yes. Oh and 2453456 seconds for the few nerds that are reading this section. Not a nerd? Well now you are!

"Yes! Quite a long time. Never thought I would see you again, especially with an army of pirates of all things!", I said. "Indeed. It was incredibly easy actually. Just had to take care of the captain and well, those primitives started following me like a bunch of sheep.", said Rim.

"Well. Yeah. They kinda tend to do that since they lack the required education. But at least they are good at killing? As good as every soldier was in every single war- I'll just stop talking for now.", I said, embarrassed at the end. "Yes. You do that.", spoke Rim back. "So what are you doing here? Got bored in your ol' little ship and looked for some action? Speaking of which. Where is your ship?"