Chapter 41 Fire

Reyna

~~~

Rolling my eyes I cackle as the wolves all make puppy eyes and whine because Allie ate all the pork by herself.

"I should have warned you guys, I eat a lot," Allie says sheepishly. Paul is staring at her with wide ogling eyes and he smiles like a dope.

"You're amazing," he sighs and Allie blushes.

That's when there's a line of sharp and rapid knocks on the door.

"Billy please let me see him!" Bella calls from outside.

"Damn I forgot to call Bella and tell her he's fine," I swear and smile apologetically to Billy. "I'll let her in."

I'm at the door not a second later and I open it to find Bella almost in tears.

"Bells Jacob is fine," I assure. "Well enough to be a saucy bitch."

"Wait what?!" Bella stutters frowning in confusion.

"Whatever, you clearly wanna speak with him so go," I say and usher her to his room. Bella goes in without another word.

"Hey, Jake," Bella greets. I lean against the wall and hang my head. I have to listen, I just can't not.

"Hey...I've been worried about you," Jacob murmurs.

"You were worried about me?"

"Edward made those royal bloodsuckers sound really evil," Jacob elaborates. God I hate it when he says bloodsuckers.

"Right, the Volturi. Alula took care of them," Bella answers.

"Their pet?" Jacob scoffs. Suddenly I regret telling him so much about everyone.

"Yes, she stood up to them," Bella adds. "She saved an innocent girl, Bree Tanner."

"The newborn the doc and his wife offered asylum too?"

"Yes her, the Volturi wanted to kill her."

There's no words for a moment before Bella talks again.

"My sister, she seems mad. Did you tell her all those things you said at the campsite?"

So he said them to Bella?

"Look Jake I know you hate vampires because they force the transformation on you but you have got to let that go. It's not their fault you changed into a wolf and lost control of your life. They didn't know that coming here would cause that. Trust me that if they did they would not have come."

Jacob huffs loudly and I bite my lip. Tears are threatening to fall but I blink them away.

"Jacob do you think they asked to be bitten? Do you think they wanted this life? They didn't!  None of them chose this! You have more in common with them than you think!" Bella exclaims reverently. I grin lightly, my sister is standing up for me.

"I have nothing in common with them," Jacob growls out. I try to disregard it.

"Jacob Black werewolves and vampires are both carnivores, they're both wicked fast, they both have amazing hearing, they both have wonderful eyesight, and most of all they're both considered monsters. Now after hearing this I expect you to clean up your fucking act, fix your attitude, win back my sister, and take a day to get over this petty feud!"