Chapter 1

Her skin was like peach and her perfume like strawberry as she rushed across the street to her once favourite place. Her once favourite place was closed now, the light summer breeze moving the few already fallen leaves in front of its door and she stood there, admiring the blue colour of the walls that could be seen through the glass for what seemed to be the last time. The last time she drank latte macchiato at seven in the morning, wondering what was so fascinating about the colour blue was on Tuesday. The last time she laughed at her yellow clock that didn't match anything in the room was on Tuesday. The last time she sat in her dark sky chair was on Tuesday. She hated Tuesday.

Her work place wasn't a work place at all. It was home. It smelt like vanilla and cookies. It felt like hugs and forehead kisses.

And now she lost it.

Her dark sky chair was in her house, where it didn't belong. The yellow clock was in one of her boxes, where it fit and it wasn't supposed to. It never fit and that felt right. The walls, those blue walls she would wonder about, were nothing but emptiness. There was nothing to wonder about anymore. The latte macchiato in her hand was cold, she didn't take a sip.

For a moment, she just observed it. It would belong to someone else soon. She lost it. A look of pure disappointment was staring back at her. There on the window glass. It was herself. She disappointed and she was the one disappointed.

Maybe it was time. Maybe this was meant to happen. She'd been here too long. Maybe it was time.

Two long years working in Beacon Hills. Whole life living in Beacon Hills. It was time to leave. But, what if she was too scared of leaving home because she was afraid she wouldn't be able to find another? It's hard to leave home with the uncertainty of being able to feel the same somewhere else.

Maybe it was time. Maybe she was ready.

She gave up the thought of it, the thought of moving and leaving. Instead, she was ready to get her work place back. She couldn't pay for it, no. She'd lost it. Not enough clients, not much money. It costed five thousand. Five thousand seemed like nothing. Five thousand should be nothing for a lawyer. But this was Beacon Hills and five thousand was everything.

Lydia Martin needed a job. She knew completely how stubborn this thought was. Her mother wouldn't allow it in thousand years.

Her skin was like peach and her perfume like strawberry as she made her way to the Beacon Hills Job Centre, in order to save her once favourite place.

"I'll take anything!" Lydia was practically begging for Kira to find something. Well, which didn't include baking. Lydia was terrible at baking.

"You're so picky. I offered you a cupcake shop twice! And what about the hair dresser thing? You don't like that either!" the black haired friend rolled her eyes. Kira worked at the Beacon Hills Job Centre and was one of Lydia's best friends.

"Kira, I can't work as a hair dresser. I accidentally cut my hair when I was little. Four times. No good experience with hair, alright? And besides, it isn't enough. Kira, I need ten thousand to get my place back, before anyone else. It's the cheapest space on the market, everyone will go crazy. " Lydia said with a sigh, it made her sad. She desperately needed the money.

The friend inhaled sharply when her eyes had suddenly widened and she grinned. "I got something! Better hurry up, the interviews are today!"