Chapter 1

The whip hit her back with a sharp crack, and as her pale skin stung from the pain, Preston landed another punch onto her cheek.
       Allie bit her lip trying to hold back her tears. She didn't let Preston see her cry when he abused her while they were dating, and she'd be damned if she let him see her cry now.
       Preston Clambs, her ex-boyfriend, was 6'6", a marine, and ranch cowboy. He definetly knew how to intimidate people, and it had worked for a little while when she had dated him, but not for long. She was the first girl to ever dump Preston, and that did not make him very happy.
       It had been 3 months since the outbreak, and 2 months since Preston had kidnapped her while she was on a supply run for her family. The marine had been with some of his group when he spotted Allie's familiar dark hair and small figure darting inside an abandoned pharmacy. And Preston had one thing on his mind when he saw Allie- revenge.

       "Stupid bitch!! You think you can just leave me??!?!?" Preston growled in her ear as his hands roamed Allie's body.

       "Somethings never change," thought Allie, "even while dead people are walking around trying to eat anything that breathes, this jackass is still a crazy son'o'bitch." She hated the way Preston's hands felt on her skin. It was disgusting. Since she had become his captive, she had been beaten, whipped, starved, and violated by Preston, as well as the other 4 men in his group. Right then, Jesse, Preston's best friend walked through the door of the room where Preston had Allie tied to a wall.

       "Pres, we needs to talk." Jesse looked over at Allie's abuser, then at Allie. "There's a group abouts a mile aways. They gots women, children, and supplies." Pres nodded.

       "Ok. You guys go. Can you handle it without me?" Jesse nodded, then walked over to Allie.

       "Hey pretty thing.", he grinned as he ran his fingers across her face. Allie pulled back at his touch, and spit in his face. He glared at her, then slapped her. Preston chuckled in the doorway.

       Allie hated them. She wanted to get away from them, even if it meant facing a world of walkers alone- alone, starved, weak and broken. She had to get out of here. She just had to. Jesse pulled his fist back, and proceeded to punch her in her stomach. Her vision began to blur, and she shook her head to try and stay awake. She had been waiting for a day like today, when it would be just her and Preston. All she needed was a knife...

---------------------------------------------------------

       "Whack!"

       Daryl's arrow hit the walker right in the skull. He hit the one behind it with his crossbow, causing its head to crush in. He ran across the road to where Rick and Shane were cornered by 10 walkers. Daryl grabbed his knife and started stabbing the things in the back of the head. One by one fell, giving Rick and Shane a chance to start killing the rest of the walkers.

        "Ya'll ok?" Daryl asked in his thick Georgia accent.

       Rick nodded a "yeah" and Shane said "Fuck yeah." Daryl nodded and Rick looked at him. "Thanks." Daryl nodded again.

       "Ready?" Rick asked, and Daryl and Shane took their places behind Rick as they entered the grocery store and started searching for walkers. They spread out, with Rick heading to the back, Shane to the left, and Daryl to the right. Daryl walked around the produce section of the Winn-Dixie store, and after clearing the section of 2 stray walkers, and grabbing what food he could find, he met back with Shane and Rick at the front and surveyed the supplies they had gathered: 5 flats of water, 10 boxes of cereal, 5 boxes of crackers, and an assortment of snacks, bottled drinks, household items, and first aid supplies. 
       The three walked back to the truck they drove from Hershel's farm, and Daryl hopped in the drivers seat and cranked up the old Chevy. Rick climbed in beside him and Shane hopped in the bed, cushioned by all of the supplies they had collected. Daryl had just started driving down the street when he noticed something.