Chapter 12

About two hours later, I found my self sat on the sofa at home, bandages wrapped around my wrists and my other wounds dressed. My ankle was sprained, and I had deep grazes all over my legs. Mom was crying in the kitchen, my Dad holding her, trying to comfort her. 

The police called before I had a chance to get home and break the news to them myself. I stared blankly at the fireplace infront of me, my inner turmoil concocted of mostly rage, creating too much of a distraction for me to pay attention. I was snapped out of my reverie by my Mom's wail.

"I can't loose her too!" She sobbed, louder than I've ever heard my mother cry. "I hate him, I hate him!"

"Shhh, I know, I know. Nothing's going to happen to her. She's a smart girl, and we can protect her this time." My Dad tried to soothe her. I couldn't believe he was lying to her. They can't protect me, no one can. No one but myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went up to my room once Mom's wailing became too much to cope with. I looked at the clock on my nightstand. 3:55am. I cringed at the time, and kicked my shoes off, pulling off my leather jacket, before turning and walking to my vanity. I brushed my hair, and then looked up to the mirror.

My eyes widened in shock as I spotted something taped to the top left corner of the mirror. It was a small envelope, it had no recipient addressed, it was just blank. I pulled it off the mirror and tore it open. I had an awful feeling about it...

I looked down at the letter and gasped.

Dearest Niece,

I'm sorry about your bike, it really was a gorgeous vehicle, but you weren't taking any notice of my previous attempts of getting your attention. The person outside your window that night you were alone? I was trying to surprise you. But you called that ginger colleague of yours. The single stem rose? I admit, that was a rather romantic gesture for an Uncle to a niece, but we are no strangers to that, are we? The bonfire? Just a reminder of the suffering your selfishness caused. And finally, the bike, which I have already explained and apologized for.

Now, down to the serious business. I have a friend of yours, he's very excited to see you. You don't want to let him down do you? I thought not. 4:30am on the dot, come alone, and I'm sure you can guess where. 

All my love,

Uncle Jake. xxx

I felt vomit rise in my throat reading the letter. What if he has Max? Or Scott? It has to be a 'him' as he stated that in the letter, and they are the only males that I can think of that Jake would target. I looked at my clock again. 4:00 am. 

I can't ignore the letter, or someone I know could be seriously hurt, but if I go, there's a chance I may never come back. I look longingly at the photo of me, Mom, Dad and Zoey. I stare at it, and in that second I make my decision. No one else will die because of me. I slip on my shoes as quietly as possible, shrugging into my jacket.  I move to my bed and tuck one of my pillows under the quilt, to create the illusion of me in bed. I switch the lights off and then head for my window. I open it, and then take one last look at the room I may never return to. 

I look at the picture, and walk over, picking it up. I stare at it, and stroke my thumb over it lovingly. I place a kiss on it. "Goodbye, sis." I mumble, a tear spilling onto Zoey's smiling face. "I'm going to stop him, once and for all, like we always promised each other we would." 

With that, I lay the photo back onto my nightstand, swing my legs out the window and use the drain pipe to slide down to the ground, before taking off into the night, to finally avenge my sister and stop my childhood tormentor.

Watch out Mean Uncle Jake, because Pissed Niece Ashley is coming for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, it's so short, but this chapter is more of a set up for the next one.

So who do you think Uncle Jake has as hostage? And what do you think Ashley's plan is?

Sorry it's taken me so long to update this story, but I had no idea where to take it. But now I'm back and I have decided the perfect way to bring it to a close.

So sadly, I will be completing this book within, maybe the next three chapters, I hope you guys have enjoyed it! 

Until next time peeps!

Charli xox