Chapter 15~ The End

-4 years later-

I stared out of my hotel window, my fingers absentmindedly tracing along the scar of burn on my neck. My whole body is covered in a few of them, and try as hard as I could, I couldn't get them to fade. Some days I would look in the mirror and feel hideous, and like I just shouldn't bother trying to look pretty. After all, who could love a girl with scars marring her skin? But then all my doubts and insecurities would be washed away when Max would walk up behind me, wrap his arms around my waist, kiss my collarbone and then whisper in my ear "You look beautiful." I sigh and stand from the window, walking to the vanity and lookin in the mirror. But where's Max now? Not here, when I need his reassurance most. I look down at myself, dabbing at the burn on my collar a little more, when suddenly my hand is slapped away. I look up into the eyes of Brook as she smiles kindly at me. "Don't touch it, you'll smudge it." She says before bustling off behind me. A few seconds later, she returns with my mother, who's carrying a large white box on her hands.

"Come here Ashley, and let's get you in your dress." I smile ever so slightly, my stomach a bundle of nerves. My mother and Brook remove the dress from the box and then hold it for me, to make it easier to step into. I slide it up, and hold it in place, allowing Brook to lace it up. 

"Are you nervous?" She tries to make small talk and I silently thank her.

"Terrified more like." I murmer and she chuckles, before her face turns serious.

"You love him though?" I turned around and looker her in the eyes.

"I love him more than life itself, and I know how cheesy that must sound, but it is the God's honest truth." I spoke with a deadly finality that I knew she couldn't disagree with.

She grinned with tears in her eyes. "I'm so happy for you." She whispered, and I smiled, pulling her in for a hug.

There were a few sniffles from across the room and I looked up to see my mum and Carrey trying to hold back their tears. "Don't either of you dare cry, I will not have you ruining your make-up!" I pointed my finger at them in mock anger and they alughed lightly, before bustling around getting things ready. I stepped in front of the mirror, and looked at myself. My hair was done up in an elegant bun, but with a few tendrils of hair hanging down to make it look slightly less sophisticated. Small diamontees glistened and sparkled under the lights, and my veil shimmered down my back like a waterfall. I loved my tiara, just the right amount of sparkle without making me look like a wannabe princess. My dress swept the floor in an elegant drop, nothing poofy, but not slim fitting. Just right to accentuate my hips which had widened slightly over the years as my body had developed more. The top was tight-fitted to show off my hour glass shape and amplify my breasts, with a lace part that went up to wrap around my throat like a built in choker, except it cut off at my shoulders. All in all, my dress was elegant but at the same time had a little bit of an edge. I loved it. I stepped into my white high heels, and picked up my bouquet of red roses and irises. I turned and looked at Carrey and Brook who were my bridesmaids, and they looked stunning in their red dresses, that were similiar to mine, except for the lace part.

"Okay, last minute checklist." Carrey called and picked up her piece of paper. "Tiara? Check. Veil? Check. Garter?" She quirked her eyebrow at me and I smiled, nodding. "A saucy check." We all laughed as she winked at me, as I blushed. "Something old?" I had my mum's veil from when she married my dad. "Check. Something new?" My engagement ring. "Check. Something borrowed?" My hand absentmindedly grazed the pearl bracelet that I had borrowed from Max's mum. "Check. Something blue?" There was a blue ribbon in my garter. "Check. Okay, I think we're all set. You ready?" I nodded, releasing a long breath. "Okay, let's go." Mum swung the door open, and we were greeted by my Dad and Scott, who grinned when they saw me.