[4]

Lots of reads! (: And apologies for the inactivity, school has really been kicking my ass lately... well, schedule-wise. Thanks for the support! I'm annoying.. I know! And there's a lot of time dividers in the chapter, sorry but not sorry!

                                  ~✯~

\Second thoughts/

Adrien, Alya, Marinette and Nino who had joined them shortly after standing around patiently, waiting for the entertainment aspect of the party to commence. Somehow, the three convinced Marinette to sing in the open karaoke performance, and obviously she was deeply regretting agreeing with it. What was her reasoning behind even considering it? She wasn't even sure.

No no, she couldn't do it. She was standing in the line of only about ten others who looked like they had gotten dragged into it too, and were regretting it as much as she did. Nobody with minimal talent actually legitimately wanted to do things like this.

"Marinette, you do know that don't have to do this if you really don't want to, right?" Alya noticed her empty expression, hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised. "I mean, if you wanted to impress Adrien so badly, there are many other enjoyable, less embarrassing ways to do so!" She grinned a little bit, earning a smack on the shoulder from Marinette.

"No. I'm going to do it." She breathed, wavering Alya to back toward the auditorium. She was next. She was going to up in front of.. hundreds of people attending this party.. and, most of them she knew.

Oh! Who was she kidding? She's simply fall on her face and embarrass herself for sure, heck.. she didn't even know if she could sing or not!

These thoughts were interrupted by a tap on the shoulder. She turned around curiously, before bumping into a stone-hard chest. As she began to slowly realize who it was, a blush trailed across the bridge of her nose, and she took a step back, barely meeting his eyes. She was suddenly aware of his likely golden, toned abs, even through his cotton v-neck shirt.

He chuckled just a bit. "Hey, Marinette. I just wanted to wish you good luck, okay?" He smiled, not even caring that she didn't answer and avoided his gaze. She placed two hands on her shoulders, offering her a small smile of support. "Don't be nervous. You'll do amazing, and that's a promise." He gave her two thumbs up before retreating. Once he was gone, she allowed herself a small smile of confidence.

If only he knew how much she had needed that.

=====================

Adrien stood in the crowd beside Nino, his best friend, before he was given a little nudge. "Look dude, Marinette is up." His eyes wandered toward the stage, although for now it was empty until they announced her. He was excited to see her up there- regardless of whether or not she was any good, he was simply impressed with the fact that she had the courage to do so.

It all seemed fairly normal- that was, until everything went downhill.

"Next up for open karaoke night, Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" The announcer beamed, stepping outward to make way for the performer.

The crowd screamed, and a faint blush streamed across Marinette's face as the spotlight took hold of her. Alya cheered endlessly, Nino joining soon after. However, for Adrien, it seemed as if time had stopped, the world becoming only a blur of questions.. with one finally answered.