Chapter 12.

"So you're going to the party...alone?" I asked Karma confused. He shrugged as he looked down on me, because of height difference of course. He was sitting at Karasuma's desk, making some kind of notes I couldn't read because of his bad handwriting. "Who does that?" I asked out loud, only realising after I said it that it might sound a little offensive.

Karma put his pen down and smirked at me. "Well would you want to be my date then?" He asked smoothly. I blushed and turned away from him. "I mean I'm sort of going with a friend group..." I mumbled, trying to avoid his stare. Karma kept silent for a few seconds before saying: "I'll just come with you and your friends then." It wasn't really a question.

I couldn't really deny him coming with us. Kayano probably would've told me to say yes too. It's not like Sugino or Kanzaki would mind. My worry was Manami being shy perhaps, but she'd still be nice to Karma no matter what. Then what was worrying me. Maybe it was the fact that I would probably embarrass myself in front of not only my friends but also my possible crush, and as a bonus also to my boss who would be at the party. Though she will probably be too busy with Karasuma, as Karma told me he was also going.

What a small world...

--------------

So I added Karma to our party group chat, after asking the others if that was okay of course. He seemed to be acting nice to everyone even when they were all bombarding him with questions. Kayano had some mildly 'suggestive' questions for him of course. It really was like her to flirt with someone for me. I am not the best when it comes to flirting.

"This Kayano girl seems quite ... enthusiastic." Karma said to me as we were eating lunch together in the cafeteria. Nakamura had just left to get more food so it was only the 2 of us left at the table. A nervous laugh escaped my lips before I nodded as an answer to his statement. "She sure is."

I took a sip of my tea before continuing talking. "Last November we had this movie night, she was so enthusiastic about the popcorn alone she basically fucked up every step of it." I said, trying not to ruin my story telling my laughing  Karma looked at me with interest glowing in his eyes, basically telling me to continue.

"So I finally manage to kick her out of the kitchen and just pick the movie, leaving me tk actually making proper popcorn. And then she picks a movie neither of us ever saw and well....it turned out to have some majorly uncomfortable sex scenes in it. Both of us were cringing like hell so we turned it off of course. I mean we then watched some Doctor Who to get back in a proper mood, because we obviously needed to. And then when she had to go home it turned out she actually locked her car with the keys inside so I had to walk her home."

Me and Karma both laughed. I stopped a little earlier than him, just to observe his beautiful laugh in all its glory. Sure he smirked a lot and laughed flirtuous but a genuine laugh just sounded different. His mercury eyes then locked into mine as he also fell silent. Neither of us really knew what to say. Luckily the silence was broken by the return of Nakamura. "Man the sandwich man was here AGAIN today." She started, obviously reffering to some inside joke with Karma, who, when he saw my confusion, helped me by explaining who the sandwich man was.

----------------

Me and Karma hung out in a playground. We really didn't have a specific reason to pick this place, we just walked by it. We were both done with work and Karma said he was bored. I didn't really want to go home to see my mom, so I agreed to just wondering around the western part of town, not too far from my place.

The swingset was taken by some little kids, making it unable for us to have some weird romantic comedy kind of moment. Instead we sat on the grass near the slide and just stared at the road next to the playground. "Hey nagisa..." Karma suddenly interrupted the silence. "Have you been trying to avoid me coming to your place again?" He asked me. I turned away from him. It was a little awkward to admit the truth about that.

"Well..." I started. I saw Karma look down suddenly. "So you are." He mumbled. I nodded, not realising he wasn't looking at me and therefore did not see my reaction.

"My mom came to visit me." I told him truthfully. Karma still wasn't looking at me. I decided to continue. "She...uhm... came by to check on me mostly I guess, to make sure how I was doing. It's just kind of awkward to bring you over to my house now you see..." Karma finally looked at me. He didn't look impressed. "My mom literally only met Kayano so far and I didn't even want her to meet her."

It was the truth. If I could, I would make sure my mom meets none of my friends. My mom was a little...weird sometimes. Apart from the fact that she now thinks I'm dating Kayano, she also said some very awkward things about me. And that only gets worse when she comes to the part where she talks about what my ideal future would be according to her.

I looked back at Karma again. He still seemed kind of stuck with the issue of me not wanting him to meet my mom. He sort of acted like we actually were dating, which was kind of cute. "Maybe you can...come over...now?" I offered. Karma smiled a little and let out a sigh. "I mean I don't want to make you uncomfortable." He said but I shook my head. "You don't, believe me."

A/N: it's technically thursday now...whoops....just count this as wednesday okay? I sort of have a surprise that was supposed to be wednesday as well...but that's just gonna come thursday cuz it's not completely finished and I should sleep because tests...