Chapter 13.

Mistake. It was a mistake. I knew it as soon as I had opened the door to my apartment to see my mom angrily calling someone. "YOU CAN SHOVE THE MONEY UP YOUR-" she started, but then she saw me standing in the doorway with my moath open. "...Look I just don't need your silencing money." She calmly continued. I knew all too well what that was about.

My mom and dad divorced when I was 3 years old. I don't really remember them being together of course, it's sort of hard imagining it when they fight so much. Dad left mom because she was too violent. When I was 12 he got a new girlfriend, Violet. She was nice but mom didn't like her of course. It's mot easy for dad and Violet, seeing as mom likes to use every bit of knowledge she has of dad to ruin his life. The one on the other line was obviously dad.

I walked towards my mom, leaving the door open for Karma who had awkwardly been standing behind me. I signaled my mom to give me the phone. Her face told me she didn't want to. Either she doesn't like me talking to dad or she doesn't want me to make compromises for her because she is incapable of dealing with stuff.

Eventually she gave me the phone and I took over the conversation. "Heeeeey dad." I said. A surprised noise came from the other line. "Nagisa? You are with your mom?" My dad asked me. I made a noise of confirmation. I turned to Karma and signaled him to sit down on the couch, my mom was still standing next to me dumbfounded. She looked at me as I kept talking on the phone.

"She is staying with me right now." I told my dad. "Is there something wrong with her house?" He asked me. If it was a problem with the house I would've sent her to a hotel to be very honest. Dealing with her was effort I did not like after a work day. "No, just staying with me... I mean it's almost christmas I guess." I steered the conversation to christmas on purpose, now my dad just needs to take the hook.
"Oh christmas! I was actually going to ask you what your plans were." Gotcha. "I have a party I'm going to, and I guess dinner at home." I told him.

I knew he wanted to keep talking but I felt I was being rude to Karma. I told my dad I had a guest over and that I would call him back. He gave me an 'I love you' and then we hung up.

"Sorry..." I said as I turned to Karma. He smiled at me. "It's okay, family first." Was Karma close with his family? He never really talked about them. Talking about family, my mom was now staring at us.
"Oh mom, this is Karma. Karma, this is my mom." I introduced them. Karma stood up and put his hand out for my mom, who then took it carefully. "Hiromi Shiota." Was all she said. "Karma Akabane, I now see where Nagisa gets his creative use of swearwords from." Karma smirked. My mom immediately let go of his hand.

I stood up and took Karma my the arm. "Well that was fun how about we sit down Karma?" I insisted, slightly pulling Karma's arm as a hint for him to come with me. He shrugged and let me lead him to the couch. Before we could sit down my mom spoke again. "I'm going to Angela's, we're not eating together tonight." Why did that sound like this was actually her apartment?

My mom then left and I sighed. It was mostly from relief but also because Karma was carrying a little smirk on his face. I wanted to hit the smirk off his face so bad. "Are you going to give me a tour?" He asked me. I shrugged and started walking, expecting him to follow me.

"The bathroom." I said opening the door to what was, in fact, my bathroom. It was simple, plain. Everything was some sort of white, not a very clean shade. Then I opened the next door. "The extra room, fancy name: the study." I pointed at the room. It now had a stretcher standing in it. The day before I convinced my mom to let me sleep in my own bed and put the stretcher there for her. She didn't seem tk happy, but I guess she knew I could technically just kick her out. I was NOT going to sleep on that god forsaken couch ever fucking again.

Then we got to my bedroom. As soon as I opened the door I also walked in and fell on my bed. I was tired to say the least. Karma looked at me at first, but then walked towards the bed to sit besides me.

I was laid out flat on the bed, weirdly comfortable with my crush sitting on my bed. "You are not gonna fall asleep, right shrimp?" Karma asked me, now hanging above me so he was in my view. I shook my head slightly. Karma let out a little chuckle. His bright red hair moved with him, I'm not sure what it reminded me of but it was beautiful. Wouw I suck at metaphors.

For some weird reason I felt the need to reach out my hand and touch his hair. Karma's face showed a surprised expression as I stroked his hair. Then he smiled kindly. Not some smirky laugh like usual, a genuine smile. He then laid down next to me with his face turned to me. I turned around as well so I was facing him too. We were looking right at each other. The only difference between us being I was completely on the bed with ease while Karma had his legs propped on the bed.

His eyes were really beautiful. I know I said that before. But at that moment, while we were both laying there, they just seemed to shine even more.

"Nagisa..." Karma started. I got out of my daze, just to look at him with interest. "I know you said you weren't gay and all but..." Karama fell silent again. I was holding my breath. I did say I wasn't gay, but something about hanging out with him just made me feel comfortable and I genuinly liked being around him. "Can I still retract that comment?" I blushed.

Karma's eyes lit up before he smirked a little again. It might not be the genuine smile, but his smirk was hot in its own way. "I mean, you could always date a guy to prove yourself wrong." He teased. It was my moment. He might be joking, but I was going to be 100 percent serious.

"Would you like to be that guy?"

A/N: HAHA hate me for this!
Man....I'm nearing christmas...nearing the end of this story....are you evem ready....

You probably are this story is not THAT exciting let us be honest.