Chapter 14.

There was a silent pause. Neither of us said anything. I was staring at him in anticipation, fear of denial growing inside of me. I had no idea what Karma was thinking. I was usually pretty good at reading people, but at that moment Karma seemed blank.

He showed some surprise, I guess. Maybe I saw some happiness, but also confliction. "Are you...going to say anything?" I quietly asked him. He blinked a few times, as if realizing he hadn't answered yet. "You surprised me." Was all he said. It felt to me like he was still teasing me, even though there was no smirk to be seen on his face. The fact that he still hadn't answered made me feel sort of terrible about asking it in the first place.

I sat up and lifted my legs over the edge of my bed. I looked at the ground, not saying anything or looking at Karma. I felt the bed move, indicating he probably set up as well. The fear of what he might say once I look up took over my entire body, making me unable to move. Why did his rejection fear me so much?

Then I felt someone hug me. Karma was hugging me. I was honestly too confused to hug him back so I just sat there and waited for him to release me. Eventually he sat up and he took ahold of my chin to make me look right at him. "Can I please?" He smiled.

"What?" Was all I managed. I was sincerely confused. "Can I please be that guy you'll date?" Karma added. The genuine smile was there again, this time it had a little bit of laugh through it. I guess my reaction was sort of funny in its way. "Well I mean, I asked you to so..." I awkwardly answered. This time Karma let out a chuckle.

"So basically we are dating now?" He asked me. I nodded, happily. And then I hugged him. Karma hugged me back, and though it was simple, it felt good. "So what are we going to do now?" I asked him. Karma left our hug, making me a little sad, as he thought about my question. "Do you want to tell your mom?" I shook my head violently to that.

"Whaaaaat are you afraid she won't like me?" Karma teased me. I, however, answered in a serious tone. "I know she won't, she is...well...homophobic to say the least." I told him. Karma seemed to pity me for that. Not that pity would help if my mom found out I was dating a guy.

"Okay, how about we just hang out for now, and we'll see if we can perhaps have a date tomorrow?" Karma proposed. I agreed to that and so with that we decided to just keep hanging in my bedroom, at least until my mom would come back. I even gave Karma some special tea. A flavour I bought when I was om vacation without my mom for the first time.

It was like sharing my freedom of then with him. Except now it feels like he is my freedom.

-------------

Thursday was a mess. Everyone at the office seemed in panic about something. The new secretary girl, Hinano Kurahashi, spilled coffee on her christmas clothing. Nakamura needed to finish an entire report by the end of the day, which was actually due 2 weeks ago and she got actually managed to get postponed only a single week. Lovro couldn't find Irina. I couldn't find Irina. That was basically my reason for stress actually.

Karasuma was stressed because the work was behind schedule and several people were on early leave for the holidays. It was a big mess, and the only calm person seemed to be Karma.

As I was stressfully walking around the hallways Karma casually stepped behind me and spun me around. I let out a little yelp out of surprise, but smiled when I saw it was Karma. Then I had stress again because I realized I really needed to find Irina. "Help me find the bitch please?" I asked him. Luckily he agreed.

I decided to let Karma lead me to Karasuma's location, which apparently was the secretary. My guess was that perhaps Irina was following Karasuma around. Unfortunately all we found was an irritated Karasuma, who decided to order Karma to find Irina seeing as everyone was looking for her. Karma, of course, was already helping me find her.

Before we left I saw Karasuma carefully look at me. It seemed as if he was trying to figure out my actions, which was sort of Creepy. I was more than glad that me and Karma walked out together.

We decided to check Irina's office one more time, in case she just arrived there. There was no one. I sighed and turned around again to walk away. Karma stopped me when I had walked out of the office.

"Stop stressing." He told me as he hugged me from behind and leaned his head on top of mine. His voice sounded tired, maybe just sick of the situation. I sighed in defeat and wriggled myself out of the hug. "How are you so calm?" I asked, a little whiny. Karma smirked as he said: " just laid back, how about we go chill you out?" That was a weird question, but for some reason I agreed.

And so we ended up alone, in the middle of the stairs to the 26th and last floor. "Barely anyone comes here." He told me. It still was a weird place to hang out.

"And this is calming because...?" I questioned and karma took ahold of my hands, making me look at our hands. I then blushed before looking into his eyes.

"We're going to talk about our problems, so we can solve them." Karma told me. "Like you should do with your boyfriend."

A/N: I don't have a lot to say..except thanx for reading!!!
Just so used to needing author notes...wow....

I should sleep but imma work on more 'The Karasuma Diaries'