Chapter 3: Promise

Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers (Illenium Remix) = Michelle's Theme

Sophia's POV

     I sat down on top of the giant metal crate at my elementary school. My hands were shaking and I knew why. Also my heart was an inch away from exploding. I was thinking a little too hard about life and ended up realizing, I had so many friends that sometimes wish they didn't exist. It physically hurt me to hear my friends say that.

     It was around 4:40 pm and as I mentioned before, my hands were shaking. I set my hand on my head and took a deep breath. Then my phone went off.

C: Hellur!

M: Hiya!!!

R: AHOY!!

M: ....

C: ...

R: That's the part where Sophia says "Ssup."

C: Lolol

M: Suphia!!!! Where are you!?

C: Shall we spam?

R: We shall

S: Please no...

M: YAY!!!

R: Yall wanna hang out tomorrow?

C: Sure

M: Uh, sure?

R: Sophia?

M: Hellur?

C: Amigo?

M: SOPHIA!!!

     I left the chat and looked at the sky. I was stressing out.I was thinking about so many things at this one time. I was afraid. Caitlin said we would need help against this enemy. And the only help i'm getting is from them. But one good attack from that man and they will be dead instantly. Michelle texted me separate from the other girls.

M: Your acting different...

S: Yea

M: Whats wrong?

S: ...

M: Hey! Cmon! Tell me...

S: ...

M: Sorry. You don't have to say.

S: Don't apologize! There's a few reasons why i'm so sentimental right now

M: Huh?

     I didn't answer after that. I had so many things on my mind I just wanted to be alone. But of course, after 30 minutes, a voice called out my name. It was Michelle. I waved my hand in the air and Michelle climbed onto the crate.

     "Hey!" She said. "You didn't answer my text! What's wrong?"

     "How'd you know I was here?" I asked, not facing her.

     "I've known you since 2nd grade, so I know enough about you that if you weren't at home you'd be here." She explained. "So, what's going on with you?" She sat down with her legs crossed over like she was still in second grade.

     "I have a lot on my mind. This new enemy... He's so strong. He took me down with one blow!" I said facing the ground. I sighed. "What Caitlin said is true..."

     "That we are going to need help?" She says.

     "Not to sound like a bitch, but you guys can't fight this guy. One hit on you guys and you'll be dead instantly." I said. Michelle sighed.