Chapter 8: Battle 1: Weak

"SOPHIA!" The guys all screamed. I didn't move for quite a while. But Osiris and Mike did. They pulled me by my arms and started running. Eventually I snapped out of it and ran with them. We ran back onto the roof and back to the girls. Osiris and I were instantly on our knees.

     "Sophia!" Michelle yelled. She ran and fell on her knees in front of me. Mike stood while covering his eyes.

     "Jesus what did we just witness?" Mike says quietly. He started to pace back and forward.

     "Mike! What the hell happened?!" Rachel asks standing in front of him.

     "Trust me... You don't want to know." Mike says facing Rachel. I shook my head to snap myself back into reality and looked at Osiris.

     "H-Hey," I said while setting my hand on his shoulder, "you okay?" He had his eyes almost glued shut. Slowly he opened them. He almost started to cry.

     "Y-Yea. Im okay." The two of us stood up.

     "What happened?" Caitlin asks.

     "Uh..." I started talking. "G-Guys did you see that too?" I asked through the earpiece.

     "No." Ryan said. "Did you?" I heard the other guys say no.

     "I'm pretty sure we all looked away before he got shot. You three were the only ones that saw that unfortunately." Joey explains. I was about to answer but was cut off. A lightning bolt struck the building we were just in. The building started crumbling to the ground. 

     "Shit! Run!" Mike said. We all started running away from the collapsing building. When the building was done falling to the ground, all I saw was XXX standing out from the ruble. Instantly my body was engulfed with flames. "You son of a bitch!" I screamed. I ran towards him and tried to punch him. But instead he dodged and elbows me in my back.

     "Well, looks like we're starting." Rachel says. She loaded her fancy schmancy crossbow and shot at him. He dodges easily. Mike and Osiris finally got off their asses and attacked XXX with their abilities. He took them both down in sync using his fist. My entire body was surrounded with flames. I kept attacking him over and over again, hoping to land at least a few punched. But he was so damn strong. And every time Michelle, Rachel or Caitlin attacked he would dodge.

     Eventually I got some good punches in, which made me feel satisfied. And eventually someone came up with a decent plan that wasn't just us flailing around like idiots. "Guys!" Osiris yelled. "If the three of us weaken him enough the girls can get some hits in!" Mike and I(ke) nod at him, saying we agree. I looked over at the girls.

     "Hang back guys!" Rachel leaded the two others. Michelle didn't like the fact that we were listening to what Osiris said.

Rachel's POV

     I ordered the girls to stand back for a bit and rest, while Mike, Sophia, and Osiris did their best to weaken him. "Why are we listening to him?!" Michelle mumbled.

     "What do you mean?" I asked Michelle.

     "Sure, let's listen to a guy that we are forced to suddenly trust. Not to mention that were suddenly being forced to trust whatever agency this is with Will." Michelle obviously didn't like being forced to trust people. Clearly, she didn't think trusting Osiris was a good idea. Though my gut told me to trust him. I looked at Osiris, then at Michelle.

     "Michelle, we need his help, whether you like it or not." I told her.

     "Though Michelle is making sense." Caitlin suddenly spoke.