Chapter 14: Ring Ring

It's been at least 2 days since our last battle. And what is the school doing? If you guessed not letting me on campus, your correct! Okay, long story short, the principal hates me only because of my abilities. And after that battle there was a little destruction to the school. Maybe a few broken windows and missing chunks of concrete walls here and there. And in the end, I get fucking suspended for the rest of the week. Stupid. Instead of playing a bunch of random games on Steam, Osiris, Mike and I(ke) decided to walk around Downtown Danville. Surprisingly, there wasn't much people around, probably since most people were at work or school. The three of us were simply walking around being silly. "Hey Mike, is anyone at the school gonna remember you?"

     "Oh yea." Mike answered me without hesitation. "They're all gonna shit bricks honestly." Osiris and I laugh.

     "What about you Osiris? What are you gonna do after this?" I asked. He went quiet for a second. Then he answered.

     "I honestly don't know... I-" He started saying something else, but he cut himself off. It was like he wanted to tell us something so badly, but he didn't at the same time. And the part of him that didn't want to tell us was what was trapping him on the inside.

     "Dude, whats wrong?" Mike asked concerned.

     "Nothin'" Osiris answered, then he walked ahead of us. Mike and me gave each other a concerned look but eventually kept on walking. I really wanted to ask why he dodged the question. But I had a feeling that if I asked again, he wouldn't want to answer.

     We spent another 20 minutes walking and we were completely lost. "Well shit." Was the first thing I said. "You know I've lived around this town my entire life and we get fricking lost." It was 2:40 pm and everyone was almost out of school. The three of us decided to start walking in a random direction and hope we make it to an area that I knew, since neither of them lived here only I did. They were basically relying on me. We walked past various homes. People were walking outside, it was a bright sunny day after all. Some people recognized us. Most of the time it was just me. People would react differently towards us. Some would slow down and stare at us. Others would somewhat smile, probably seeing us as heros. Then the last group of people would try their best to avoid us. I don't blame them. Finding out that there is something in this world that can give you superhuman abilities, I'm not sure how I'd react either. After another 10 minutes of having no idea where we are, something happened. There was a high pitched, ear piercing noise. My ears felt like there was blood dripping out of them. It was so painful it brought me to my knees. What surprised me the most was the fact that Mike and Osiris were in the same position as me, griping their heads. I shut my eyes as tightly as possible. 

     "What the hell is this?!" I could barely make out what Mike was trying to say. But based off of the current situation it was easy to get the basis of what he was saying. Neither me nor Osiris were able to answer. When I opened my eyes the ground was swaying like waves in the ocean. The walls, fences, and nearby trees were dancing and it felt like my head was going to fall off my body. But what was the most weird thing, was how quickly it ended. It lasted about 1 minute exactly, but when it ended it wasn't a process. Just the blink of an eye and it was over. So fast it was like it never ended. I felt completely fine. After taking a few breaths Osiris spoke. 

     "What was that? And did it only happen to us?"

     "I don't know how to answer either of those questions kid." Mike answered. The three of us stood up. I heard Mike checking if Osiris was okay when I got an idea.

     "I might be able to answer ONE question." I said. I pulled out my phone. Even though it was the middle of class for my friends at school, there was one person that was bound to answer me.

S: Please answer

R: Whats up?

S: Thank god you answered Rachel, something crazy just happened.

R: Zedd is making a new song?

S: I wish, but no. Mike, Osiris and I almost passed out. Our ears were ringing like crazy. That's not normal last I checked.

R: LOL NO WTF?!

S: Im assuming it only happened to us

R: Yup

S: Okay, just ignore it... Probably XXX being a little shit

R: lol, watch your backs

S: yea bye

     "It was only us..." I said.

     "That was expected." Mike answered. "I'm more curious as to why and how that happened."

     "Yea... Me too..."

     "Are you guys thinking that it was someone else with abilities?" Osiris asked us.

     "Yup. And there is a chance they're still nearby. So keep watch." Mike commands. God... Ya know, I just wanted to go on a stroll with my friends...

     After 3 hours everyone was out of school and the guys and I found our way to a familiar area. We were all eventually called back to base. When we got there we got information for the final battle. Actually, who knows? There could be a 10th battle for all we know. But usually the 3rd one is last in cliche movie logic. The location was almost memory lane for Mike and I(ke). Golden Gate Bridge. After an hour of pointless explaining on how this battle should go, I told Will about the weird ear thing that happened earlier. I asked him if we should be concerned, and he just gave me a look as if the answer was obvious. I should be a bit concerned at least. The meeting was over and everyone went home. Rachel said that I didn't miss much in class but honestly, I could care less about school right now. Apparently the battle was taking place 3 days from now. I don't know why but I had a bad and good feeling about this battle. Before I left to walk home with Michelle, Osiris grabbed me by the arm and pulled me aside. "What is it?" I asked.

     "Are you sure about the-" I cut him off.

     "I already know what you're going to ask. Yes. I'm sure. I'm trusting you to give it to them if it comes to it." I answered without hesitation.

     "Well, I really hope it doesn't come to it..." He said with a sad tone. I rested my hand on his shoulder.

     "I know... Pretty sure some could agree with you. I'll see you later." He let me go and I walked away with Michelle. I sighed. I didn't hope it comes to it too.