11. Changing Situations

It was a wonder that my parents had actually agreed for me to go out on a date. But considering the fact that Isabelle did so much more, it shouldn't have really come as a surprise that they agreed. What was an actual shock, though, was that Percy had actually remembered the vague plan we had spoken about all those months ago.

I was at Percy's house, being introduced to his parents who seemed really nice. But that didn't reduce my nervousness. This was my second date ever and since the first one was horrible, it didn't exactly count.

Percy's parents had left us alone after wishing us a good night. "Come on." The blonde boy grabbed my hand and began leading me towards a room in the corner of the fancy house.

"Welcome to my humble room," he announced, opening the wooden door. 

"Humble is just about right." 

"Glad you agree. Come on in."

I liked what I saw. There was a single bed in one corner. The walls were a light blue colour with a few posters stuck up. A guitar was lying next to the bed and a few pairs of shoes were lying near a closet.  

"Sorry about the mess," Percy said, clearing a few books from a study table that was placed opposite to the bed. "Cleaning isn't exactly my thing."

I laughed. "It's okay. I expect most guys aren't into cleaning. I've seen the mess at Luke's house. It's worse than this."

Percy smiled sheepishly. "Normally, my room does look worse. I did make a bit of an effort today."

"I really don't mind."

"Great." He grinned. "Want to take a look at my wardrobe?"

"Sure."

Percy opened the door of the closet, revealing a walk-in wardrobe. It wasn't very big,but it sure was a luxury, being able to pick out clothes in this way. 

There were shirts hanged on one side and folded pants kept on a shelf below them. Pairs of shoes were kept on the other side. There were a couple drawers. There were tshirts divided between two shelves and the hangers held formal clothing. There was a full-length mirror too in front of me, below which several perfumes a gels were placed on a table. 

"This is amazing!" I told him after I had taken a good look around the entire room. 

"Thanks." He smiled. "Shall we start?"

"Okay." I nodded. "Where do we begin?"

"Take a look at my clothes first?" 

I did as he asked. I loved handling clothes, as weird as that sounds. I liked mixing and matching them and trying out different combinations and choosing the best. It was like a little puzzle for me. Belle thought it was funny, but she knew that she could always count on me if there was any help she needed in matters of fashion. 

I spent the next hour giving directions to Percy. It was true that his clothes were bland. It wasn't something you would judge him for though. The boy was great to be around. 

I spread out his tshirts - all grey, black, white or blue, and matched them with jeans, sometimes pairing them with jackets or blazers. While I was at work, he talked. He told me about his school years and some of the good times he had. He also made sure to ask me about myself as well to refrain from being self centered. 

I knew that I liked Percy before, but now I realised that wanting to stay away from Percy was a stupid decision. 

"You are an absolute genius," he declared after I was done. 

I felt a blush rise onto my cheeks. "It's nothing."

"That's not nothing. I have the worst collection of clothes and now it's freaking awesome." He grinned. "I owe you big time."