12. Mission Distraction

"What's up with your sister?" Lucas asked me as soon as I took my seat. "She looked like she hadn't slept all night."

I sighed. "She probably didn't. She and Harry got into a fight last night."

Lucas' eyebrows shot up. "Another fight? Really?"

"What are we talking about?" Amelia interrupted us as she passed by and took a seat in front of me.

"Belle and Harry got into a fight last night," I said, softly, when she turned around.

Amelia's reaction was similar to that of Luke's "About what?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "She didn't want to talk about it and I didn't press matters."

"Weren't you out with that Percy guy last night?" Luke asked.

"Um, yeah." I tried to sound nonchalant about it. "I heard them when I came back."

I smug smille made it's way onto Amelia's lips. "Well, I think you should let them sort things out between themselves and tell me all about your date."

I felt blood rush into my cheeks and I avoided her eyes. "Um, I just helped him with his clothes and then we went out for dinner."

"Right." Amelia dragged out the word. "Just helped him and went out for dinner. How long were you gone for?"

"Um, two or three hours, I guess."

"And that's all that happened?" She asked, looking as if she thought I was lying.

"We talked a lot," I said. "If that counts?"

"Sure. But is that it?" She pressed. "Nothing else?"

"No!" I exclaimed, frustrated. "What do you want me to say?"

Amelia was calm as ever. "Oh. I don't know. Maybe something that requires you to re-apply your lip gloss."

"What the hell are you going on about?" It was just as the words left my lips that I realised what she was talking about. I felt my cheeks flame. "No," I stuttered. "Nothing happened. Now turn around and stop annoying me."

She smirked. "Alright. But only because Mrs. Andrews is here." She winked at me and turned around.

I let out a sigh of relief, looking at our teacher who was walking across to the front of the class. Amelia could be a pain if she wanted to. Sometimes so much that I wanted to strangle her and I would have if I didn't love her as much as I did.

Lucas nudged me and I turned to look at him. "I can always make you re-apply your lip gloss if you want."

"I'm fine. Thanks," I said with a fake chirpy tone and I turned to look back at the teacher, mentally laughing at my friends.

~*~

"Mum," I called out when I entered my house. "I'm home and Amelia's with me." My mother was sitting in the living room.

"Hi." Mum smiled when she saw me. "How was school?"

"Good," I answered. "I'm starving."

Mum chuckled. "The food's ready."

"Great. Did Amelia's mum call you?"

"Yeah." My mother nodded. "She'll come by in the evening to pick her up."

"Alright. We'll get freshened up and come to eat." I sent Mum a wave and jogged up the stairs with Amelia at my heels.

She entered my room a minute after I did. "There's no sound coming from Belle's room," she commented.